GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop Cooling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/03/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I'm really getting angry now. I buy a £1200 laptop and it's the noisiest thing in the world, ever. When running at full fan power it's just plain stupid, I'll get a sound clip of it 'taking off' next time.

Anyway, what good (AND QUIET!!) ways are there of cooling this thing further? It's so 'ing noisy it's doing my head in, I can't play music quietly as I can't hear it over the fan sometimes!

I sooooo want to get a desktop.
Thu 03/03/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I'm really getting angry now. I buy a £1200 laptop and it's the noisiest thing in the world, ever. When running at full fan power it's just plain stupid, I'll get a sound clip of it 'taking off' next time.

Anyway, what good (AND QUIET!!) ways are there of cooling this thing further? It's so 'ing noisy it's doing my head in, I can't play music quietly as I can't hear it over the fan sometimes!

I sooooo want to get a desktop.
Thu 03/03/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Acid Casual"
What processor is it?
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
'P4 2.66Ghz Super Heated Fireball Lava Melting Point'
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:19
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Several options for external cooling, you might try something like this:
[URL]http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2839.html[/URL]

You can also buy pcmcia cards that have fans in, and extractor fans that fit onto the laptop exhaust. And if you're feeling really brave you can try replacing the fans (possibly they need replacing anyway if they aren't cooling the laptop sufficiently).
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Garin wrote:
> Several options for external cooling, you might try something like
> this:
> [URL]http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2839.html[/URL]

I saw that, it looks OK but I'm still not sure.

> You can also buy pcmcia cards that have fans in, and extractor fans
> that fit onto the laptop exhaust. And if you're feeling really brave
> you can try replacing the fans (possibly they need replacing anyway
> if they aren't cooling the laptop sufficiently).

I want to replace it with something quieter. There must be a quieter fan out there! It would be fine if it wasn't so noisy!

I'll put the PC under super-load so it goes all noisy, then I'll record it!
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm buying a laptop soon

That is all
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Want mine? It's really quiet.
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
[URL]http://www.phi11ip.com/ran/fan.MPG[/URL]

Listen to that baby purr! You can hear it over the music, and the music is pretty loud in itself!

It's on it's 2rd most hyperactive setting there, I think there's 4 although I can't remember the last time I heard it full on.

Oh, and that is Thundercats too! I was trying to get the fan to go mental, I had everything open!
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sounds like a f**king hoover
Thu 03/03/05 at 23:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That's an insult to hoovers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.