GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 100 Video Games Of All Time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 21:28
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I really do apologise if this has been done over and over again, but watched the Cartoon's greatest yesterday and wondered what the top 100 video games would be as voted for by you guys. Yes there has been "best games ever threads" etc... but what about a top 100.

Over the next few weeks, I will be asking people on many forums what their favourite video games are and on the final deadline I will total up all the votes and display the results on the web. Hopefully this will work as I reckon it will be interesting.

Don't worry by the way, I will only ask on general forums and not PS2 or Gamecube only ones. Now here's how it will work:

You can pick any video game of past and present but only once. You pick your ten favourite video games and list them giving a little comment on why if you can and please write the format of it too. (Snes, Mega Drive, PS1, X Box etc…) Games that have been released yearly like Smackdown or FIFA will count as only one overall game. So if you prefer Pro Evo 4 over Pro Evo 3 then it will count as a Pro Evo vote overall.

Each game you vote for will be given a point and the games with the highest points will be entered into the top 100 video games.

Mario Bros. 3, Pong, Metal Gear Solid, FIFA, Sonic The Hedgehog, Halo, Pacman you name it. I hope you will take this serious, and I will post newer details on deadline when I can.
Mon 28/02/05 at 22:33
Regular
"cachoo"
Okee doke. Jealous, I am. Off to try and play it now! ;)
Mon 28/02/05 at 23:13
Regular
Perfect Dark is number 1 on that list.

Hedfix agrees.

Look ....

*poorly constructed Hedfix puppet vaguely nods*

see
Tue 01/03/05 at 03:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> ToeJam & Earl
>
> :^)
>
>
> HAHRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I thought I was the only one to ever have played that.

Yay i had it
Boo i gave it away

You can't ever forget a game with a name like that.
Tue 01/03/05 at 08:30
Regular
Final Fantasy VII can go in the #1 spot.
Tue 01/03/05 at 10:00
Regular
Half Life 1 and 2 (would this also cover the mods?)
Tue 01/03/05 at 10:48
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Mystic Quest, Illusion of Time
Tue 01/03/05 at 11:52
Regular
anyone who doesn't go for goldeneye as there top game obviously suffered brain damage at an early age. (unless they went for zelda ocarina of time.....or are a fair bit older than their early 20's and may have had games that impacted their youth more)

Goldeneye
Zelda: ocarina of time
Championship Manager (i don't want to know how many hours ive wasted!)
Pirates (the old versions) (that is the youth impact game for me!)
Arkanoid for itsold school value (first game i got addicted to/with pirates)

probably loads more games like monkey island (1&2) deserve high places

the problem with these lists is that there is a certain amount of bias in it, especially time related. So people will votefor games like halo which just aren't that good, just the best the console has to offer. I am some what disenchanted with this generation of games consoles. We have them all in my house (not mine personally but between me and my housemates) and we waste a fair bit of time on them, however i would say that i think the only glassic game to emege from this generation of consoles is the modern GTA series. I am Nintendo fan at heart but i felt GC let me down a fair bit, i could have taken it if i had just grown out of it, but a lot of the games were dumbed down such as mario kart and zelda and it took the challenge and reward out of gaming. X box has crap conrollers and not much going for it if you have a half decent pc. Ps2 isn't that great but does have acertain levl of playability, through GTA series (which i prefer on pc anyway) and the drunken appeal of pro evo yet is stilla fairly large let down for me!
Tue 01/03/05 at 11:54
Regular
"ßulle††.com/looser"
When you say Brain Damage, do you mean brain damage of the third or fourth degree?

Also. Goldeneye Who?
Tue 01/03/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hmmm Cannon Fodder or SWOS ............ sorry SWOS going to have to pick Cannon Fodder
Tue 01/03/05 at 12:00
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Barry Plotter and the Chamber of Thieves

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.