GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Helf, Pricing on Web Design?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 20:15
Regular
I've been assigned a project by a rich, but nice, old lady.

Basically, it's a simple information site on holiday houses in a certain area. From my notes, I've come up with:

The website should have a front page that gives you all the basic information to know what the point of the website is - to show off and allow you to make booking enquirys about holiday houses offered in the area. Should make it obvious which area these houses are for. NOT a splash page.

It should include a page dedicated to what the holiday homes look like, how they are laid out, how many rooms they have. I will need to take my own photos.

It should also include a page showing what the immediete area is like - close to the beach, quiet location, shops and clubhouses nearby.

There should be a page showing interesting features of the entirety of the area - activitys and things to do, places to visit - also, the location in Britain placed by a simple map that gives the precise location without naming every single town in the area - should be able to be recognised as part of Britain.

There also needs to be a pricing and contact page - this will include a table of prices for different periods during the year, and a form for submitting inquirys about booking. These forms should allow instant auto-replies to show the user the email has been received. Also - other contact details, such as phone numbers and addresses, should be available, maybe as part of a 'header' that appears on each page.

I will need to supply my own photos, and create my own artwork. I will also need to design a logo for the holiday company.

Most importantly, it should be well laid out, look impressive enough without being over the top (the houses are two star), and be easy to navigate and use.

It's not a huge project, but it's big enough for someone like me who doesn't exactly do this sort of thing for a living, which brings me to my actual point of all this...

How much do I charge? I really have no idea whatsoever. I don't want to over-charge her, and equally I don't want to be underpaid. What sort of pricing would you suggest I charge for doing this?

Thanks for any replies.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm quite chuffed because a site I made someone had over 1000 unique visitors in February, and that was the first full month 'live'!
Sat 05/03/05 at 17:36
Regular
"NULL"
Nimco wrote:
> Check out this site: [URL]http://www.dcfloridahomes.co.uk[/URL].
>
> That's a very similar site from what I gather, and I did that when I
> was about your age and charged £350 for that. In the end
> though, it's your call - if you're not prepared to do that much work
> for £350, charge more; if you feel that £350 is too much,
> charge less. I wouldn't go much less than that though.

Not wanting to drag up an old post, but I'll do it anyway. I spoke to the guy who I did this site for today. This site is the only place he takes bookings through - any adverts he has (not many) just direct people to his web site. Apparently his house is now achieving 90% occupancy which is about as high as he can go cos he needs time to let cleaners in and general maintenance.

I'm pretty pleased with that considering it was about 25% a couple of years ago.
Sun 27/02/05 at 07:45
Regular
"Bicycle"
Helf is Help.

In German...
Sat 26/02/05 at 23:30
Regular
And thanks again Alan, I'll keep that in mind :D
Sat 26/02/05 at 23:30
Regular
Yeah, sorry about that, I have a problem with replacing Help with Helf.
This is why: [URL]http://emhain.wit.ie/alumni/ac96-97/lar7.htm[/URL]
Sat 26/02/05 at 21:37
Regular
It's took me a few days to realise that the title of this post was mispelled and not

'Half pricing on Web Design?'
Sat 26/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
"NULL"
I know the design is nothing to speak of - but then we've already established design is def. not my strength! There is a fair amount on the backend of that site to handle all his bookings though.
Sat 26/02/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Bicycle"
Seeee?
Sat 26/02/05 at 21:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I trust her enough, at least. If I don't get paid, I'll just not turn
> the files over. Or something.

Ok mate, nice one. If you have any probs or want any advice/general place to panic, just drop us an email (tyla[ @ ]digital - prozac[ . ]co[ . ]uk). Always useful to have someone about to go "arghhhhhh" at if needed!;)
Sat 26/02/05 at 21:04
Regular
Tyla wrote:
"Finally... Get everything signed and agreed or it'll come and bite you back in the @rse!;)"

I tried to, but well, failed. I had a piece of paper that looked nothing like a contract whatsoever that I was to have her sign, then kinda thought "never mind".

I trust her enough, at least. If I don't get paid, I'll just not turn the files over. Or something.

Oh we'll see.

Amen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.