GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is crap..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Eye : Rogue Agent'.
Tue 23/11/04 at 08:22
Regular
Just in case you were in any doubt and was optimistic about EA's clear rip off here be the IGN review:

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/568/568339p1.html[/URL]
Wed 24/11/04 at 21:02
Regular
Half-Life forgotten? Are you joking? The original, released in 1998, was still massive right up to the release of Hl2. There's a reason it won 50 Games of the Year awards and has had more mods made for it than there have been retarded comments on these forums.

Call of Duty is crap so I don't care.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Muuuuuuuuuuuuh.

If people are still playing it now, rather than these modern day equivalents you've stated, then it's obviously still better.

And a game made 7/8 years ago that is still being played is obviously a classic. Half Life will be forgotten in a few years (unless there are repeated sequels) and Call of Duty will be forgotten in months (true story).

Goldeneye isn't forgotten now, and probably won't be another few years down the line.

Fact: This kind of playability and longevity obviously means Goldeneye is superior.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
what wrote:
> Aha - and now the terminology changes.

I never had a 'terminology'.

> But Call of Duty is the far far far superior game in all aspects.

Multiplayer, no. Replay value, no.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It's all comparitive and how good it was at the time

And that's what I'm saying - but others seem to think differently.
It's absurd that people think Goldeneye at present is a better game than the likes of CoD.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
Aha - and now the terminology changes.

Goldeneye was more "special" now, was it?
I don't dispute that.

But Call of Duty is the far far far superior game in all aspects.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:59
Regular
Call of Duty is excellent but it is no-where near as special as Golden Eye was in multi-player even years after release.

It's all comparitive and how good it was at the time. Golden Eye at the time was better than Call of Duty at the time of its release.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:56
Regular
Ahaha what!

What's that got to do with anything at all?

Fact: Goldeneye 64 was good when it was released. But in comparison to FPS' of nowadays?
It pales into insignificance.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hey, you, get off my cloud says:
will people be playing Half Life and Call of Duty in 2 years, let alone 8?

Hey, you, get off my cloud says:
no

Azul knows the AJ is correct here, but went to get his dinner (ahah, sure) and didn't reply.

AJ wins again.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:31
Regular
I don't understand this whole "oh, it's an old classic, it was considered amazing when it was first released so it's better than any good games now" bullsh*t.

Anyone who looks me in the eye and says Goldeneye on the N64 or the original Half-Life is better than Call of Duty for example should be shot between the eyes.

Seriously.

I keep reading these posts about how Goldeneye is the best FPS ever and all this, but it really really isn't.

Around the era it was released? Perhaps yes.

But ffs - you can't possibly even joke that it's better than any modern acclaimed FPS.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Did you do the same for the "Feel The Magic" review?
> They seemed to chrun out similar scores.

I was much more suprised by Mario's score knowing what a game Mario 64 was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.