GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So Goldeneye: Rogue Agent is crap..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Golden Eye : Rogue Agent'.
Tue 23/11/04 at 08:22
Regular
Just in case you were in any doubt and was optimistic about EA's clear rip off here be the IGN review:

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/568/568339p1.html[/URL]
Wed 24/11/04 at 00:55
"I love yo... lamp."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Whoever said Command and Conquer should be shot from point blank
> range.
>
> Westwood made the Command and Conquer series what it is, EA tried to
> take it mainstream by completely toning down the strategy and making
> it a hell of a lot easier.

Actually, Generals was an EA product, Westwood was finished by that point. Admittedly most of the staff who did it were ex-Westwood, but some were EA dudes. Although, I suppose if you put some mediocre coders in with some decent ones, the mediocre ones will learn from and be directed properly, and thus put in a half decent performance.
Tue 23/11/04 at 23:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
As long as you're happy :P
Tue 23/11/04 at 21:55
Oh well.
Tue 23/11/04 at 21:51
Regular
The most obvious thing ever. Yay.
Tue 23/11/04 at 21:49
Regular
lcarus wrote:

>
> A bit hasty with the "fools" part, eh?

Not at all. EA owning a company technically makes that company EA, I'm not disputing it, but we weren't talking about EALA or EABIG or whatever... we were talking about EA. And EA is the name of the publisher.
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Technically then, though, it could still be good then?

Eh. I read another few reviews after the IGN one.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
What Icarus said, basically.

And I still stick by my original post. "When was the last time EA made an AAA game?"
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:45
Regular
Whoever said Command and Conquer should be shot from point blank range.

Westwood made the Command and Conquer series what it is, EA tried to take it mainstream by completely toning down the strategy and making it a hell of a lot easier.

Who said 6 was a 'BAD' score anyway? 6 is above average and in the recent light of Half-life 2 which the whole IGN office played and tested I fail to see how any other FPS can get a fair trial.

That into consideration it looks okay.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:15
Dringo wrote:
> Tphi wrote:
>
> Not at all. EA make alot of the games they publish.
>
> EA own the companies who make the games, but EA are a publisher...

No. They're called in-house developers. i.e. they are EA. A lot are made by external parties eg. Stormfront for Lotr games, Argonaut made the Harry Potter port on PS1, but many are from EALA, EA Chertsey (Harry Potter) or an EA studio with a different name. Of ocurse, there have been those that have been assimilated into EA (e.g. Maxis, EA Pacific from Westwooed - who are now part of EALA).
>

> Dringo wrote:
> Well if you are gonna be like that EA don't actually make any games
> as
> they are a publisher.
>
> fools.

A bit hasty with the "fools" part, eh?
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:05
Regular
Crumble wrote:
> Ah, bless Acclaim.
>
> One of their 'few' great games and EA take the credit.
>
> Now that really does take the biscuit.

I thought Criterion made Burnout 3 - EA just added their little touch to it (EA Radio) and published it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.