GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Metroid Prime: Echoes review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
This is my review of the MP2 box.

Initially the box is a standard affair, black rectangle, opens like a book, has a thingy inside to clip the disc on etc. But the similarities stop [roughly] there. Cast a quick eye across the front of the box and you'll notice something; this box is different, this box is new, this box is the future, this box is EXTREME TO THE MAX!!

Why so amazing? It's holographic! The front features a large picture of Samus looking awesome, with a big faded-into-the-background picture of a Chozo. The background is all shiny, as is the game title and logo. The back holds yet further treats; pictures of two new aliens, some screenshots and even more awesome holographic shinyness. Also while looking at it from any number of different angles, you can witness stunning blanketed rainbows eminating from the silky surface.

In summary then:

Strengths
- Holographic!
- Shiny!
- Awesome 'new box' smell
- Easy to remove wrapping
- Fantastic artwork
- Rainbows!!!!
- Writing on back in English and French (Canadian box)
- SHINY SHINY SHINY!!!

Weaknesses
NONE!

I give this box 10/10.

umm..review of the game like, later or something...whatever.
Fri 10/12/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You think that was bad, I just did the Spider Ball boss... now that was crap.
Fri 10/12/04 at 20:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Alpha Blogg was the rubbishest boss ever. To be honest, the bosses so far have all been pretty rubbish, I want a room filling robot or something (yes, i know), not just beefed up versions of regular enemies.
Fri 10/12/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Just beat the Chykkha... what a pain in the ass that was. Still, I did it first time, which makes me feel even worse about the damn Alpha Blogg.

Bah.
Fri 10/12/04 at 08:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Whaha, I did it! Whoo.
Thu 09/12/04 at 23:18
Regular
Well I suppose Mario would actually have to have a storyline to get screwed up in the first place.

I'm still right though, Retro have ****ed this up. Now get out of my thread you cockjockey.
Thu 09/12/04 at 23:00
Regular
WS you're wrong, I wouldn't care of Mario turned into a carpet fitter, or if Link turned into a girl at that matter.

Game's a game consistancy error or not.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:55
Regular
Yes it ****ing does matter.

You'd mind if, with no explanation, in the next Mario game Mario was actually a carpet fitter who wore sequined flares and a ten gallon hat.

What they've effectivly done is to rape the storyline, character and history of Metroid in the ass, over and over again.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
I'm sure it matters... not at all.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:32
Regular
1) When they cacked it up in Zero Mission where she loses her suit
2) When she dies in the 2D games
3) As a bonus for completing the original 3 games in very quick times, but it's NOT part of the storyline or game.
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:00
Regular
I've seen Samus without her suit before... I know I have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.