GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Metroid Prime: Echoes review"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
This is my review of the MP2 box.

Initially the box is a standard affair, black rectangle, opens like a book, has a thingy inside to clip the disc on etc. But the similarities stop [roughly] there. Cast a quick eye across the front of the box and you'll notice something; this box is different, this box is new, this box is the future, this box is EXTREME TO THE MAX!!

Why so amazing? It's holographic! The front features a large picture of Samus looking awesome, with a big faded-into-the-background picture of a Chozo. The background is all shiny, as is the game title and logo. The back holds yet further treats; pictures of two new aliens, some screenshots and even more awesome holographic shinyness. Also while looking at it from any number of different angles, you can witness stunning blanketed rainbows eminating from the silky surface.

In summary then:

Strengths
- Holographic!
- Shiny!
- Awesome 'new box' smell
- Easy to remove wrapping
- Fantastic artwork
- Rainbows!!!!
- Writing on back in English and French (Canadian box)
- SHINY SHINY SHINY!!!

Weaknesses
NONE!

I give this box 10/10.

umm..review of the game like, later or something...whatever.
Sun 09/01/05 at 01:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've already said, it was a spur of the moment thing. I *really* don't like waiting for things.
Sun 09/01/05 at 01:14
Regular
SR are doing it for £29.99 too are the not?
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh Stafio it's good point but I get incredibly annoyed when it doesn't come (I get that feeling about other things too but um..) and I have to wait ages. Which is why when I buy online I go on Gameplay as they do next day delivery. In my experience, that American River takes ages to deliver.
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:48
Regular
You could pull it out of a South American river, brand new AND cheaper.

And no P&P because it's over £19! :-)
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:39
Regular
What a rip off, my local Independant retailer sells the game for £32, and I still think that's too expensive!
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Surly it wouldn't have been less than £29.99 though???

It wasn't, it was £32, but I was there.. it was there.. You know how it is. I'd wanted it for ages.. it was calling out to me. Love at first sight of it's grubby, pre-used box.
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:15
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Where'd you pick it up second hand???
>
> EMAG.

Surly it wouldn't have been less than £29.99 though???

Knowing EMAG's prices.

Meh, I hope to get the game soon.

Bidding on e-bay will stop and I'll just buy it with my Student Loan.

Along with a new Dreamcast. At least one that hasn't suffered stair damage.
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Where'd you pick it up second hand???

EMAG.
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You are in for a TREAT when you get to Sanctuary Fortress. Best level ever.

Metroid Prime Echoes was easily thebest game of 2004, ahead of Rome Total War. MMMMMMMMM
Sun 09/01/05 at 00:08
Regular
Where'd you pick it up second hand???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.