GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend some Green Day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Haven't heard any albums of them, starting to get into them. Can anyone recommend some decent tracks off various albums. Danke
Tue 19/04/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Excellent"
If this is your first album i think you should get International Superhits and/or American Idiot and take it from there
Tue 12/04/05 at 17:30
Regular
"\\"
I thought it was 1039, Smoothed out Slappy Hours?
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:19
Regular
pb wrote:

> 2) Kerplunk! was one of my favorite Green Day albums. The sound is a
> lot more raw than the later stuff and some of the lyrics are
> masterful.

'24/7 smoothed out slappy hours' was a gooden too.
Mon 11/04/05 at 23:12
"possibly impossible"
1) Whenever a band produces something which gets lots of new people interested or writes about something they feel strongly about, they are considered sell outs.

Then, if they do deliberately produce material which is different and non-mainstream, no-one buys the albums (Pearl Jam, anyone?). Bands can't win.

The whole point is that you are pigeonholing the bands when they're just doing what they want to do, be it creating mainstream stuff or something different.

2) Kerplunk! was one of my favorite Green Day albums. The sound is a lot more raw than the later stuff and some of the lyrics are masterful.
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:29
Regular
"\\"
Stryke wrote:
> No, I don't think you don't need the album. It's not as if Green Day
> are doing anything drastically different. They're not trying to win
> any new fans. It's another Dookie, basically, with change of
> emphasis. The songs still sound like Green Day always did. Even the
> "rock operas" are just mini-Green Day songs tied together.
> And they're good.

They're not though. The only good song on AI is St Jimmi, which is the only 'punk' song on it.
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:27
Regular
Yeah, whatever, you got what I meant.

That was before they sold out, though, and still lived in a box and played gigs for free under secret trees in secret parks for true fans only who had Green Day tatooed on their face five times.
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:27
Regular
"\\"
Stryke wrote:
> Emitime should just go and lock himself up in his room and play Time
> Of Your Time to himself while looking whistfully at a McFly poster.

I don't care what the rest of your post said. It's "Good Riddance"

FFS.
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:26
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Changing genres isn't selling out, it's just making themselves crap
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:26
Regular
"\\"
But they COMPLETELY went off the Punk genre. Shenanagins went a bit astray, but a bit of Punk was still there. Now it's just jumping onto the Bush hating bandwagon, with crap songs which still sell.
Mon 11/04/05 at 20:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Time of your Life*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.