GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ellen Mcarthur"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/02/05 at 15:40
Regular
amongst the people i know, and we are a nice jovial happy bunch and into our sport, i have to say i don't know many people who like her. There is something about her that dosn't lend her to being liked and i hate all the false emotion round everyone celebrating one of the most poinless acheivements in sporting history. Nobody really cares ok well maybe the 2% of the population who regularly sail might care slightly but from those who i know, who do none of them seem to care either. I would go so far as to say shewould be the person i would most like to banish from the public eye. she annoys me greatly
Thu 17/02/05 at 10:06
Regular
It would be a funny old world if we were all the same. :-)

It Is Not You Its Me wrote:
> She goes around the world in a boat by her self. its weird.
Tue 15/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
who is weird? that made a lot of sense to me what she said and it is true what she said and it is very much a BBC thing

It Is Not You Its Me wrote:
> She is weird
Tue 15/02/05 at 00:09
Regular
I guess it's a simple matter of relating the story.

English people will be more interested in a British victory - one that seems closer to home - than a Scottish one - one of no immediate relation.

And of course if it's specifically an English victory, it'll generate more interest still. As you say - it's a BBC (i.e. media) thing.
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:36
Regular
What upsets me is when Sportsfolks get OBE for playing sport, this England thing, I do not understand it much being from Scotland we tend to be BRITISH if we win some thing of National interest ( it does not happen often) but you listen the next time we do win something big!

EG The winter Olyimpics when the British Girls won all the Gold medals for curling, yet when Egland do well they are English EXCEPT when the fans go ape overseas! then they become British again its a BBC thing lol

I am all for One Nation think how much money the tax payer would save but move it all away from London to the Middle of the country so that its more accesable to all.
Mon 14/02/05 at 19:03
Regular
Of course it is.

The team put forward is the best, relative to the rest of English football. Without that there would be no team.
Mon 14/02/05 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
F**k off is England 'an essential' piece.

How?

How does the name 'England' change anything in a person?!

In terms of their chance to develop skills etc, then maybe. But that has nothing to with them being 'English'.
Mon 14/02/05 at 18:56
Regular
But those who played are the best England has to offer.

England itself is an essential factor to each player's place in the team and the existence of the team itself.

I don't see anything wrong with people who follow the national team being proud that their country has won.
Mon 14/02/05 at 02:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes?

And?

When was the distinction made?!

By definition, when England 'wins' anything, England doesn't. Whoever played did.

That's why I get so pi**ed off at all this national bulls*it.
Mon 14/02/05 at 02:49
Regular
yeah admittedlly i went of on one, but i stillthink its a personal acheivement or a micro level one rather than a national one
Mon 14/02/05 at 02:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Can't forget that.

Brrr, chilly too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.