GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm blueskying, putting it up the flagpole etc."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 09:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Idea.

If we were to create a Special Reserve interactive homepage for each user, what would you like to see on it? And I don't just mean the individual stats pages that you have at the moment, I'm talking things like:

o A friends list so you can click through to see your mates' details and when and where he last posted.

o Recommended products determined by past purchases.

o The last 5 topics posted in your forum of choice.

o Latest news streamed directly onto the page.

o Perhaps some flash-based arcade games and the latest high scores, with maybe a prize for the best score each week.

That sort of stuff, all on the one homepage. If we were to do something like this, what kind of stuff would you want on it?

Not saying we are going to do this, y'know... just maybe

EDIT: Remember, this is to be your personal homepage, not something that everyone else will be able to see. There won't be a lot of point having, say, a photo of yourself on there if only you can see it.
Fri 04/02/05 at 23:31
"I love yo... lamp."
Goatboy wrote:

> Imagine the neighbourhood retard constantly putting notes through
> your door asking if you want to play and why dont you and aren't you
> my friend anymore?

U make me laf
Fri 04/02/05 at 23:20
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Maybe a chat forum or something like that.

I dont know, i think it would atract some people though.
Fri 04/02/05 at 22:34
Regular
"kill my enemys"
you no like your own windows media player for you to listen to and maybe like tell you how many hours you have spent on the chatforums and stuff.and you can have your own personal chat thing where you add ppl of your choice and you chat to them personally without ppl interupting.
Fri 04/02/05 at 18:00
Regular
"Perhaps some flash-based arcade games and the latest high scores, with maybe a prize for the best score each week."

Very interesting idea.
Fri 04/02/05 at 09:57
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I propose a special meter displaying:
> "The staffies like you >this< much"

This is the best idea so far...
Thu 03/02/05 at 23:27
"possibly impossible"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> "Also, entrance music."
>
> Now that'd be funny.

Does that include the tight spandex costumes and fireworks?
Thu 03/02/05 at 18:39
Regular
gerrid wrote:
"Also, entrance music."

Now that'd be funny.
Thu 03/02/05 at 17:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I suggest an isketch sort of thing, where you can draw pretty pictures and display them on other people's homepages, if they accept.

Also, entrance music.

Maybe a feature that says if anyone has posted in a thread after your last view, so you know if you have replies without going to look for them.

I imagine you'll try and sell us things, but it will be quite pointless, I imagine, as most people here would already know what games were coming and and wouldn't need to be advertised to. Perhaps you could mark items and be informed when they fell in price. This would be useful for SR as well, as you could see that if enough people mark an item then you should reduce the price. I understand that this would be open to some abuse, but obviously it would require discretion.

Personal messaging etc is pointless - we have MSN for that.
Thu 03/02/05 at 14:29
"period drama"
Hey, I got warned.
Thu 03/02/05 at 08:37
Regular
hey goatboy I was just wondering

Why u say that about me? skrew u notable u fink u so cleva

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.