GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm blueskying, putting it up the flagpole etc."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 09:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Idea.

If we were to create a Special Reserve interactive homepage for each user, what would you like to see on it? And I don't just mean the individual stats pages that you have at the moment, I'm talking things like:

o A friends list so you can click through to see your mates' details and when and where he last posted.

o Recommended products determined by past purchases.

o The last 5 topics posted in your forum of choice.

o Latest news streamed directly onto the page.

o Perhaps some flash-based arcade games and the latest high scores, with maybe a prize for the best score each week.

That sort of stuff, all on the one homepage. If we were to do something like this, what kind of stuff would you want on it?

Not saying we are going to do this, y'know... just maybe

EDIT: Remember, this is to be your personal homepage, not something that everyone else will be able to see. There won't be a lot of point having, say, a photo of yourself on there if only you can see it.
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:37
Regular
That's a pretty good idea, WS
Tue 08/02/05 at 18:35
Regular
How about a community page and forum?

Like, you have to have been registered for 365 days before you can go there. It would have an expanded profile section for each member, including a pic of their choice, latest news regarding staff members, GADs, notables, new reviews uploaded, forum changes etc. You could have your flash games and community high score tables, statistics, possibly lists of overall favourite games/films/music amongst the members, funny picture competitions, a space for articles (Sr approved first of course) and stuff.

Basically just something to make it feel more of a community than just message boards on various topics, sort of like the kind you get with MMORPGs.

It may seem pointless to segregate new and old members with a new message board, but really it would just be for communication to a specific member(s) and staffies without getting mobbed by illiterate JATs. It would also provide a decent place for members to buy/sell/trade stuff without fear of being scammed.

Sort of like:

Godly realm (long time members) ------> *sparkly clouds*

Mortal Realm (all members) ----------> *all current forums*
Tue 08/02/05 at 13:54
Regular
But then Roman would get done for funding terrorism.
And all the Man Yoo fans would be happy.
I wouldn't be able to bear that.
Tue 08/02/05 at 01:45
Regular
er back dating slightly, smilies suck, i might be forced to blow up your servers with a large stash of old school world war one grenades if you ever implemented them
Mon 07/02/05 at 20:42
"period drama"
Ah, the good old days.
*retrospective tears*
Mon 07/02/05 at 20:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, Quote of The Day brought meaning to my life.
Mon 07/02/05 at 19:57
"period drama"
ALSO:

Bring back 'quote of the day"
So, pick the best post / quip of the day and put it on everyone's homepage.

>
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:44
Regular
Ahaha, it's funny, because I thought that too
Mon 07/02/05 at 18:28
Regular
I'm fed up of seeing Paradox's name.
Sat 05/02/05 at 12:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
Embedd Live Journal into the page and be Emo Fagzorz.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.