GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm blueskying, putting it up the flagpole etc."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/02/05 at 09:41
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Idea.

If we were to create a Special Reserve interactive homepage for each user, what would you like to see on it? And I don't just mean the individual stats pages that you have at the moment, I'm talking things like:

o A friends list so you can click through to see your mates' details and when and where he last posted.

o Recommended products determined by past purchases.

o The last 5 topics posted in your forum of choice.

o Latest news streamed directly onto the page.

o Perhaps some flash-based arcade games and the latest high scores, with maybe a prize for the best score each week.

That sort of stuff, all on the one homepage. If we were to do something like this, what kind of stuff would you want on it?

Not saying we are going to do this, y'know... just maybe

EDIT: Remember, this is to be your personal homepage, not something that everyone else will be able to see. There won't be a lot of point having, say, a photo of yourself on there if only you can see it.
Wed 02/02/05 at 20:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Kiss ass
Wed 02/02/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Snuggly, what if we just have all of the features you gave as examples, seems pretty good to me.
Wed 02/02/05 at 20:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
No avatars, no smileys, no signatures. Personal bugbears of mine. No changes at all to the main boards, relax.
Wed 02/02/05 at 19:37
"period drama"
Although why the hell are people mentioning them when they have nothing to do with this personal home page idea?
Fools.
Wed 02/02/05 at 19:35
"period drama"
Please, never, ever let scummy avatars, signatures, or "proper' smilies onto the site. It would ruin everything.
Wed 02/02/05 at 19:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Order status things - say you've ordered a game, it'd be nice to see where it is.

Of course, old purchases wouldn't need to be shown, but whatever.

It'd also be nice to have a message inbox kind of thing, where homeboys and homegirls can message you if they need to question and don't have any other form of contact. Would be nice.

More stats would also rule. Word per post, posts per forum etc. would make it more interesting.

Avatars would be okay-ish, but please, whatever you do, don't make signatures. And, if you do, only make it text - god, I HATE big flashy page filling, 1GB signatures. I really do.

Favourite Posters latest posts would also be nice, so you could see where wimmel and Stridman last posted without having to scour the PS2 longest thread attempt.

Announcements would come under the news, which would also be good (would be great if you could specify what news, like XBOX and GC for example, you see).

Word.
Wed 02/02/05 at 18:54
Regular
Recently dispatched orders from, say, the last week or something displayed?
Wed 02/02/05 at 18:01
Regular
The wish list idea is good.

You could make it so if the game's already out it would tell you if there were any new special deals on any of them.
Wed 02/02/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That wouldn't be fair on everyone though, I'm just so handsome.
Wed 02/02/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
An option to view a thumbnail of our profile pic next to a person's name in a topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.