GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommended Programs - 'What You SHOULD Be Using'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/01/05 at 21:31
"Uzi Lover"
Should have a brand spanking new PC sitting here next week, and I've just decided I'm going to change my ways having read an article on Firefox being greater then IE.

So with a new PC comes along new ways. You see, on this PC I'll automatically open up Internet Explorer without a thought for the Internet. But when the new PC comes along I hope to break that habit.

So with that, I was thinking, what other programs are there that I SHOULD be using? Or just programs that are essential to have and you always find yourself using?

Hit me.
Tue 18/01/05 at 09:04
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Firefox
Thunderbird
OpenOffice
iTunes
PrevX Home
M$ Windows Anti Spyware
NVU Editor (If your into coding)

With reagrds to setting firefox as default, just change the permissions in the "Program Access Defaults" in the Start menu to Firefox as default browser then download the "Open in IE" extension for those site which still require IE. Also reccomend the "User Agent Switcher" extension which allows you to trick sites into thinking FF is IE!
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:29
Regular
ZoneAlarm Pro (in my experience, much better than the free stuff)
AdAware
X-Fire
Tue 18/01/05 at 03:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Coin wrote:
> iTunes.
>
> However, MS Word, Excel and Photoshop... Cannot be replaced.
>
> Good (free) CD Burners are hard to come by. I haven't found one..

Hahahahha.

iTunes...

Complete farce.
Tue 18/01/05 at 01:54
Well, you know what they say about beggars and choice.
Tue 18/01/05 at 01:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Used, didn't like.
Tue 18/01/05 at 00:27
Coin wrote:

>
> Good (free) CD Burners are hard to come by. I haven't found one..

[URL]http://cdburnerxp.se/[/URL]
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:41
Regular
"NULL"
QCD - great all purpose music player.
AVG - free antivirus software.
Acrobat Reader - you'll need it sooner or later.
Mon 17/01/05 at 23:13
Regular
"Bicycle"
iTunes.

However, MS Word, Excel and Photoshop... Cannot be replaced.

Good (free) CD Burners are hard to come by. I haven't found one..
Mon 17/01/05 at 21:31
"Uzi Lover"
Should have a brand spanking new PC sitting here next week, and I've just decided I'm going to change my ways having read an article on Firefox being greater then IE.

So with a new PC comes along new ways. You see, on this PC I'll automatically open up Internet Explorer without a thought for the Internet. But when the new PC comes along I hope to break that habit.

So with that, I was thinking, what other programs are there that I SHOULD be using? Or just programs that are essential to have and you always find yourself using?

Hit me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.