GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 and Steering Wheels"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/05/01 at 13:42
Regular
I was going to get the official Sony PS2 Fanatec steering wheel the other day but thought I'd hang on till GT3 was released, then read somewhere that GT3 will only be fully compatible with another steering wheel!

Does anyone

a) know if this is true
b) everyone's happy playing with their controllers

or

c) I'm just the last person to get a steering wheel :-)
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:13
Regular
Do you guys drive? (I mean in real life). After you`ve done that for a while, the wheels just don`t seem right, so its often best to stick to the controllers.
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:03
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> the steering wheel is wait its not in PSM2 have to look in
> gamesmaster the steereing wheel is

It is mentioned in PSM2 and the steering wheel is the Force Feedback.
Sat 19/05/01 at 09:40
Regular
the steering wheel is wait its not in PSM2 have to look in gamesmaster the steereing wheel is

The GT Force Steering wheel only available with the game and it has force feed back
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
That was weird I tried to post the previous message, it came up saying error(message about Capitals or too many spaces), went back got rid of the space. Posted and it had posted it the time before, how strange.
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I know there is a PC version of the PS2 wheel and becuase it is USB it works on PS2. This works with GT3 and other games. In the GT3 board at www.gamefaqs.com they will tell you which ones work e.t.c. It might be an idea to go there and ask, they can also answer probably any question you have about GT3 as they have the game.
Personnally I dont use a wheel for any game, I have a PS1 steering wheel but hardly use that. I think the GT3 wheel will be alot better as its a force feedback wheel. I would wait and get GT3 and a wheel at the same time as then if the wheel doesnt work you can take it back the next day.
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I know there is a PC version of the PS2 wheel and becuase it is USB it works on PS2. This works with GT3 and other games. In the GT3 board at www.gamefaqs.com they will tell you which ones work e.t.c. It might be an idea to go there and ask, they can also answer probably any question you have about GT3 as they have the game.

Personnally I dont use a wheel for any game, I have a PS1 steering wheel but hardly use that. I think the GT3 wheel will be alot better as its a force feedback wheel. I would wait and get GT3 and a wheel at the same time as then if the wheel doesnt work you can take it back the next day.
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
viperfire1956 wrote:
> I thought the steering wheel that comes with GT3 was an official GT3 one, which was designed for the game.

I think you might have missed the point, I was trying to say that if I went out and bought the official Sony wheel £49.99 from EB and then found that GT3 wouldn't work properly with it, I'd be a bit miffed, especially if I then had to fork out another £50 just to race GT3 with it!

I'd rather just buy one wheel that I know will work with the likes of F1 2001, Driver 3, The Getaway etc in future games :)
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:08
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I thought the steering wheel that comes with GT3 was an official GT3 one, which was designed for the game.
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:58
Regular
Jive wrote:
> Nothing these days surprises me with the Japanese!

Do you know
> what steering wheel it was?

It was in the latest edition of PSM2 which is at home i will look at it tonight and post the answer later
Thu 17/05/01 at 14:45
Regular
It was a cavalier and it cost £1,200 for the steering wheel, lucky i got a car too, huh??

Jive wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> I bought a steering wheel, but they insisted on
> giving me a car with it!!

Great news! free cars!

What car did
> you get and where from because I could do with a new one?! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.