GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/01/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Good. Best video game to film conversion thus far.
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:30
"High polygon count"
Yeah, true. I was just using that as an example of the reasons people give for not liking it. At least you admitted you found it fun.

A lot of reasons given - for many films, not just Resi - are the equivalent of:

"I didn't like Star Wars Episode IV Special Edition because the fade as they entered the cantina went from left to right, instead of right to left!"

You know the kind of thing I mean. :-)
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Stuff.

That's exactly why I said "It's still pretty good fun".

I'd like to point out that I mention the scene transition because Resi Evil suffered in the same way as Event Horizon for me. It took me "out" of the movie as I was aware of the limited locations. This isn't being a critic. It was an unconcious "haddon" moment that movies shouldn't do (although sometimes it works in their favor( Alien for example. Utterly clostrophobic. Still, I would have left the damn cat. Another "haddon" moment.))

Damn, I don't have a problem with a mutated thing missing it's skull and having a long tongue, so I'm not bothered about silly movies and am quite adept at suspending by disbelief.
Tue 18/01/05 at 15:07
"period drama"
Yeah, that's right. Never watch anything there's a slight chance you might not like.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:37
"High polygon count"
I love how everyone's a critic these days. They have regular trips to the cinema and/or DVD rentals, and are suddenly movie experts, discussing set transitions and how "the plot doesn't quite work". And I include you, Jonathan Ross!

Who cares if a movie is low budget? Who cares if the only transition between sets is a 3D map? Who cares that Milla Jovovich may look a little silly running down the side of a building shooting machine guns?

Not every film has to be a masterful blend of realism, meaningful scene transitions and astounding shot composition.

Why can't anyone take these films for what they are - a slightly creepy (scary for some) bit of FUN! You know pretty much what you're going to get with Resi films, or with most sci-fi/fantasy movies - something which may be improbable or even impossible. That's why they're called science FICTION and FANTASY movies. They're there for you to sit down, suspend your disbelief, have fun and ENJOY!

The plot is standard zombie fare with a Resi twist, the acting is sound, and the effects are totally believable, if not outstanding. If you like zombie films and you like the Resi games, there is nothing at all in the movie to dislike.

If you dislike any aspect, you shouldn't be watching it in the first place. I don't like musicals, so I don't watch them. I don't watch them and then sit around picking faults in them! If all you do is sit there looking for faults, no wonder you don't enjoy the movie. If you didn't enjoy the first Resi movie, why on earth would you even bother seeing the second?!

As far as Resi goes, I love the games, and I loved the first film. I haven't seen the second yet, but rest assured that when I do, I'll enjoy it for what it is - a bit of fun - and thoughts of shot composition and scene transitions will be two of many things that don't enter my mind.

Because I'll know before I sit down that, if I want to see a masterpiece of film making, I'm looking in the wrong place.
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:29
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is Nemesis (the big monster from the game) in the second film?
>
> Yeah, he even says "STARS".
>
> :O

Yeah me and my mate cracked up when he said that.

An Ashford (from Code Veronica) was in it, Jill Valentine, Oliveri and someone else I can't remember and Barry Burton.

And the RPD cars.

And there was a scene ripped right from the start of Resi 2 when RPD members are shooting at zombies over cars.

And the scene where the main star drops her gun and shoots that guy in the leg in almost an identical way she did in Resi CV.

Of course she also takes the role of Claire pretty much in this film.

And they crash in the Arkalane Mountains.

A Resident Evil fans dream, even if the movie was utter guff.
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
thebestbit wrote:
> saw the 2nd one last week...want to kill paul anderson even more now.

He only wrote it mind.
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:44
Regular
And Alexander Witt.
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:35
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
saw the 2nd one last week...want to kill paul anderson even more now.
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:32
Regular
crossbob wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Seriously ... Tim Henman ... why fighting zombies?
> I suppose he enjoying beating some people for once.
>
> Is Nemesis (the big monster from the game) in the second film?
> Because they say to put licker-scratched guy in the Nemesis program.
> If not, a 3rd film perhaps?
>
> The next film is going to be called Resident Evil:Nemesis!

No - Nemesis was in the second film!
Tue 18/01/05 at 07:31
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> ßulle†† wrote:
> Nemesis?
>
> Isn't it Apocalypse?
>
> *hasn't seen it*
>
> I can't remember, Nemesis is in it at least.

Yes, it's Apocalypse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.