GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who said titles aren't won in january?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/01/05 at 19:38
Regular
ten points clear i believe and hardly any goals conceded. who need immortals or invincibles when you can have a season like this!
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"The Red Shift"
thebestbit wrote:
> anyone who says chelsea wont win the title this year is a complete
> fool...and whats funny is i can see arsenal having to scrap for 3rd
> lol

It was the introduction of Wenger in 1996 that started the ball rolling of Arsenal becoming the great side that is is now. Then we were 5th placers, etc.

But I don't suppose you're old enough to remember that.
:p
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:
I agree
> with you though, we definitely need a new keeper but who?

Robert Green? This Leeds Carson guy? The good thing about keepers is that you only need one, so many teams have a surplus good keeper. Look at Real when they had Cesar and Casillas, that was perfect. Hopefully we can poach a good one who hasn't played much lately. Or else it looks like big money...

>Fabregas (he already is really)

Love him. He's just immense. He's got another 15 years with us the way I see it.

>(Kanu, Wiltord, Parlour?) when he could sell them and make some
> money.

Pfft. Kanu? We'd have to pay someone to take him away if he was on contract.
:D

I wouldn't complain. Wengers circulation is something like 90million out on transfers. 110million in or something. That's only a loss of 20.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:01
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
anyone who says chelsea wont win the title this year is a complete fool...and whats funny is i can see arsenal having to scrap for 3rd lol
Mon 17/01/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
"Who said you couldn't buy the title?!"

:P

No, not me, that's for sh-, erm.... :S
Mon 17/01/05 at 18:58
Regular
yeah so do i teams often start losing games when the title is already won. especially if its practically won by the united and arsenal games.
Mon 17/01/05 at 17:53
Regular
on ur current PPG average you will get 95-96 points.

i reckon u will drop more points in the 2nd half of the season though.
Mon 17/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
i don't think we can do it, but it would be awesome if we got 100 points
Mon 17/01/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought the week where Arsenal and Chelsea drew and United could only manage a draw was the day we lost the title and i can't see Arsenal pulling back a 10 point deficit, actually i can't see Chelsea losing 4 games for the rest of the season.

I quite like Chelsea anyway, especially Mourinho so if anyone had to win it apart from us i have no animosity towards Chelsea winning it.
Sun 16/01/05 at 22:11
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
>
> You don't think we'll win it in 05/06?
>
> Frankly, I doubt it. Problem is I'm certain that we need a new
> keeper. Someone who can do 2 things which no-one has done since
> Seaman. Command the back 4 vocally and secondly, instill confidence
> into the team over his ability.

There aren't many of those that aren't happy at their current clubs. Almunia seemed OK after the first match but judging from his performance against Bolton it looks like he's not the answer. I agree with you though, we definitely need a new keeper but who?

> I think we'll have more
> experienced young players
>
> That's why I consider this an interim period. As long as we stay
> competitive, I'm happy to see this as a transitional stage. It's
> clear that Chelsea have the edge and Man Yoo have the money (if they
> spend it :D), so I'd just like to see us bring up Reyes, Fabregas,
> Hoyte, RVP, Flamini, Quincy and settle in a new goal keeper, central
> defender and striker who have to be bought for money.

Yeah but that's why I think we can win it next season. I'm pretty sure a few of those players will be ready if Wenger gives them the match experience that they need. Just look at Pennant, he seems class but Wenger refuses to play him for more than 10 minutes :/ Next season I think Reyes, RVP, Fabregas (he already is really) and Flamini will be ready.

> and hopefully Wenger will buy better backup
> players...
> it could all come together if Wenger decides to spend big
> for once.
>
> Unfortunately I don't see this happening, but £15mil max on 3
> first team players would suit me. Plus all of Wengers no money buys,
> of course.
> :)

Yep, Wenger's so stingy it's starting to annoy me. And he complains about the shortage of money but he lets players leave on a free (Kanu, Wiltord, Parlour?) when he could sell them and make some money.
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:18
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:

> You don't think we'll win it in 05/06?

Frankly, I doubt it. Problem is I'm certain that we need a new keeper. Someone who can do 2 things which no-one has done since Seaman. Command the back 4 vocally and secondly, instill confidence into the team over his ability.

I think we'll have more
> experienced young players

That's why I consider this an interim period. As long as we stay competitive, I'm happy to see this as a transitional stage. It's clear that Chelsea have the edge and Man Yoo have the money (if they spend it :D), so I'd just like to see us bring up Reyes, Fabregas, Hoyte, RVP, Flamini, Quincy and settle in a new goal keeper, central defender and striker who have to be bought for money.

and hopefully Wenger will buy better backup
> players...
it could all come together if Wenger decides to spend big
> for once.

Unfortunately I don't see this happening, but £15mil max on 3 first team players would suit me. Plus all of Wengers no money buys, of course.
:)

> And yay! Another Gooner ^_^

:'}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.