GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gravesen to Real madrid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 13:29
Regular
well its finally gone through and is one o the more obscure transfers i can remember. Awesome signing for real. Luxemburgo could be the man for the job, if he was fully behind that transfer then at least it hows he appreciates what you need to sustain a good team, hard workers who give it all even when your losing.
Some one needs to cover those yards the flair players concede! This is actually the first time ive looked at the real team in about 5 or 6 years and thought it looked reasonably well balanced. Now they have lost the 1-1-8 formation they might actually do well.
Theoretically when the teams fit they will now have a decent defence, something they hadn't had in ages. When they had to midfielders (helguera and hierro) as centre backs and were pretty much entirely dependent on makalele stopping the ball reaching the defence because carlos was marking the oppositions 6 yard box. Now with Gravesen shielding the defence, and woodgate in reality a new signing for when he's fit; paired with Samuel they will be defensively solid even with some uber-aggresive wingbacks.
Fri 14/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Clazon wrote:
> So that "delightful" chanting didn't give it away then?

Indeed, however when Real went to play at Athletico Madrid, Roberto Carlos/Ronaldo were both targetted with Racial chanting. Taking into consideration the Spain game, the Chanting at both Madrid grounds - this has got to be a Spain problem as a whole.
Fri 14/01/05 at 22:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Clazon wrote:
> He wasn't? Who was?

Alan Stubbs is captain.

> Buy back fee may be irrelevant if he wanted to leave them. They wont
> want him back, he wont want to take their contract.

Well, he didn't want to leave per say. He always stated he wanted to play european football, and if Everton couldn't give it to him then he'd move on. But hes apparently mad about Everton and all the fans love him (despite him playing crap alot for most of the 4 years hes been there). So I think him coming back if it doesn't work out is a real possibility.
Fri 14/01/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Clazon wrote:
> He wasn't captain
> He wasn't? Who was?

Alan Stubbs Captains Everton.
Fri 14/01/05 at 22:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ah of course.

I partially assumed he would be captain as well as seeming to remember that he put the armband on last time I saw him.

I would be very suprised if he returned to Everton.
Sat 15/01/05 at 01:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'd love to say I could sede him returning, but I can't.

Sorry.

Just like Smithy with Leeds, Woodgate with leeds and almost everybody else with Leeds, there's no chance he'll return.

I hope he does though.

He owns.
Sat 15/01/05 at 03:55
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> £2.5 mil???
>
> Are Everton insane. They just sold the driving force of their team
> and captain for 2.5mil. What on earth were they thinking.
> Outrageous.
>
>
>
>
> On another note, I can't believe you're saying "in 5 or 6
> years" Ashley. What about when they had Salgado, Hierro,
> Helguera, Carlos, Makalele about 2-3 seasons ago? That was imense.
> The Leverkeusen CL final I believe.

yes 5-6yeas was generous, real are the definition of erratic, they didn't dominate the league because they were crap defensively. you can get away with luck in the cups, but its harder in the league. People thought a season of pure luck was impossible in the league, but arsenal proved it wasn't
Sat 15/01/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Gravesen will be back with The Toffees before long, he wont get the first team football he's expecting at Real and Everton knows it, my guess is thats why they got in the buy-back clause.
Sun 16/01/05 at 02:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ashley wrote:
> People thought a season of pure luck was impossible in the league,
> but arsenal proved it wasn't.

?
Sun 16/01/05 at 03:33
Regular
no granted it was an xceptional prformance, but arsenal proved it was luck to go undefeated in he leagu al ason by losing a fair few games in the cup cometiions, to not lose was lucky, to win the title was fully deserved!
Sun 16/01/05 at 03:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I quite agree, but you yourself have just stated why Arsenal never do that well in cups. It isn't a mystery why it happens. It's simply because cups are different.

-You playing different teams from those you have played year in year out and have a good measure of.

-You have no past record against teams and nothing to prove that you are better than them, even if it's obvious.

-You have a pressure to perform, which Arsenal players seem to cave under.

-There seems to be a lack of confidence in cup competitions.

-Tactics and style can be different. Arsenal as a side certainly can't change their style that easily at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.