GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gravesen to Real madrid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/01/05 at 13:29
Regular
well its finally gone through and is one o the more obscure transfers i can remember. Awesome signing for real. Luxemburgo could be the man for the job, if he was fully behind that transfer then at least it hows he appreciates what you need to sustain a good team, hard workers who give it all even when your losing.
Some one needs to cover those yards the flair players concede! This is actually the first time ive looked at the real team in about 5 or 6 years and thought it looked reasonably well balanced. Now they have lost the 1-1-8 formation they might actually do well.
Theoretically when the teams fit they will now have a decent defence, something they hadn't had in ages. When they had to midfielders (helguera and hierro) as centre backs and were pretty much entirely dependent on makalele stopping the ball reaching the defence because carlos was marking the oppositions 6 yard box. Now with Gravesen shielding the defence, and woodgate in reality a new signing for when he's fit; paired with Samuel they will be defensively solid even with some uber-aggresive wingbacks.
Fri 14/01/05 at 13:29
Regular
well its finally gone through and is one o the more obscure transfers i can remember. Awesome signing for real. Luxemburgo could be the man for the job, if he was fully behind that transfer then at least it hows he appreciates what you need to sustain a good team, hard workers who give it all even when your losing.
Some one needs to cover those yards the flair players concede! This is actually the first time ive looked at the real team in about 5 or 6 years and thought it looked reasonably well balanced. Now they have lost the 1-1-8 formation they might actually do well.
Theoretically when the teams fit they will now have a decent defence, something they hadn't had in ages. When they had to midfielders (helguera and hierro) as centre backs and were pretty much entirely dependent on makalele stopping the ball reaching the defence because carlos was marking the oppositions 6 yard box. Now with Gravesen shielding the defence, and woodgate in reality a new signing for when he's fit; paired with Samuel they will be defensively solid even with some uber-aggresive wingbacks.
Fri 14/01/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very good signing for Real for the reasons you mentioned. I was hoping United could have picked him up for free in the Summer to replace Keano.
Fri 14/01/05 at 14:58
Regular
Woodgate will never be fit :D

Samuel has already been linked with moves back to Italy after some woeful performances.

----

Never knew they were reffered to as the "white club" racist bas...
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Ashley wrote:
> Now
> with Gravesen shielding the defence, and woodgate in reality a new
> signing for when he's fit; paired with Samuel they will be
> defensively solid even with some uber-aggresive wingbacks.

And here is where they might have a problem. Gravesen is no defensive midfielder and when Everton have tried to play him as such hes been more akin to a headless chicken. And even to prove the point, hes excelled this season through having no defensive duties at all hardly.
I reckon the Real scouts confused him with Lee Carsley. :)
Fri 14/01/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
A snip at £2.5 mill, he'll slot in nicely in the midfield for Real

I was also hoping Fergie may go for him, but I guess the United board found him too expensive........
Fri 14/01/05 at 20:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
or†ega wrote:

> Never knew they were reffered to as the "white club" racist
> bas...

So that "delightful" chanting didn't give it away then?
Fri 14/01/05 at 20:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
£2.5 mil???

Are Everton insane. They just sold the driving force of their team and captain for 2.5mil. What on earth were they thinking. Outrageous.

On another note, I can't believe you're saying "in 5 or 6 years" Ashley. What about when they had Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Carlos, Makalele about 2-3 seasons ago? That was imense. The Leverkeusen CL final I believe.
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Clazon wrote:
> Are Everton insane. They just sold the driving force of their team
> and captain for 2.5mil. What on earth were they thinking.
> Outrageous.

He wasn't captain, he had 6 months left on his contract and most importantly he wanted to sign for Real. If he'd been refused the chance to sign for Real now, probably zero chance of him signing a new contract and he'd of left for nothing. 2.5mil, buy-back clause and 20% sell on fee is a pretty decent business I think under those circumstances.
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Gravesen gone from Everton? My, how will Everton fair without him? They could slip down the table PDQ which would be such a shame :(

:D
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Garin wrote:

> He wasn't captain

He wasn't? Who was?

he had 6 months left on his contract

Ah. Now it's clear.

> and most importantly he wanted to sign for Real.

Don't we all...

> 2.5mil, buy-back clause and 20% sell on fee is a pretty decent business

Buy back fee may be irrelevant if he wanted to leave them. They wont want him back, he wont want to take their contract.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.