GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contentious Issue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/01/05 at 21:31
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
If you could travel back in timt to when Hitler was a child...you only have five seconds to change the course of history...could you kill him?

could you shoot a four year old boy to save the life of 40 million?
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:48
Regular
"-_-"
depends whether you believe in fate or not i spose.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:48
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yes I would I would grab him by the neck throw him at a wall and shoot him in the head and watch his brain splat on the wall!
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:47
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
Is it feasible that in some point in time in the future, time travel will be possible? Bearing in mind 2000 years ago we were sure the Earth was the centre of the universe, 500 years ago we were sure the world was flat, 100 years ago space travel would have been laughed at. Einstein intimated time travel was possible, he was right about black holes was he not? Therefore assuming that in some point in the future time travel is possible we can only assume that the consequences of killing him would be far worse, otherwise we wouldn't have heard the name Adolf Hitler
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:46
"period drama"
Pffft ... I'd slam his skull into tiny pieces against the wall if it would have stopped such things. But they probably would have happened eventually anyway.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
I wouldn't kill him, no.

The Nazi party led to the collapse of a very volatile German Confederation and led to the founding of a a more democratic nation. If Hitler hadn't led the Nazi party, firstly:

- Someone else (i.e. Hindenburg) would have
- Even without the Nazi party, the desperate struggle for power in Germany at the time would've meant that another extremist party got into power and it could've resulted in a much worse outcome.
- Indirectly, without WWII we wouldn't have the NHS.

So no, I wouldn't kill him because it wouldn't chance anything. Plus he kills himself 50 years down the line anyway. He was hardly the founding-father of anti-sematism, he was just a blind follower. Stupid people he invented it and started the whole hate-a-jew-day thing, but he really didnt.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:41
Regular
"-_-"
yes. It is also impossible to answer. If you wre somewhere before you were born that would raise a whole issue in time space etc. Also many of the things him doing could have been chance. Say if i flipped a coin and it was heads and went back in time and did it agen it cud be head or tails. It would not neccaserily come out head.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:40
Regular
No, it's an utterly stupid question that nobody can answer.

You can say yes and you can say no, but you do not know what emotions will override you if you were to point a gun at a 4 year old.
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:39
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
I'm serious....this is a question about ethics and the consequences of actions in the long-term and how an apparently obvious answer could have consequences far worse than the history we know
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
"-_-"
i won the stupid race :D
Thu 13/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
What an utterly stupid question.

Truly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.