GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I HATE UCAS!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 19:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Today, we were sat idly in the theatre awaiting our lecture, and the tutor comes in and announces that the closing date for UCAS applications is the eleventh.

I recall the F-Word being the first thing that came to mind followed by an actual shouting of, "I thought it was the fifteenth..."

Evidently not - the eleventh - and another tutor says I've only got three days inwhich to do it. So I head up to the open-access ICT suite and get cracking with the help of my friend Danielle who'd already started her's. She got me started and I've successfully completed the section about myself - that's right, I've completed the easiest bit.

Still at it, right now, at home... No clues as to which university is for me, no idea what my last boss' name was, not knowing what chance I have of even succeeding. Deadline or not, a rude ICT staff member approached me earlier today and said, "Well, you've no chance of getting into university at this rate." Cheers for that - you really boosted my confidence...
Fri 14/01/05 at 19:02
Regular
I worded it wrongly.

I emant, what happens if you miss the conditions, ie. what can you do?
Or is that you fooked.

Oh, and I know it's an awesome thing to get.

A: It's Unconditional - I could drop out of school now if I want
B: It's Glasgow Uni, which rocks, and I don't need to move or anything
C: I applied for Law, so that makes it absolutely wonderful

All I have to really do, is sit and wait to see if my application for a scholarship is successful, although I have really really high hopes.

I need my teachers to finish their section of the form though.
I guess I can't really drop out of school then.

Which reminds me, does anyone know where I can take a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)?
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:43
Regular
Unless it's a rubbish uni of course, and you have predicted grades that far exceed their expectations... like an oxbridge applicant applying to the Swansea institute or something.

Glasgow is great though, you should be proud!
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:35
Regular
But most of us have conditionals for both choices! It's rare to get an uncod, thats why I said WOW!
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:31
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> Lincoln: Games Computing - Conditional First Choice
> Sheffield Hallam: Computing - Conditional Insurance

I don't mean to be pessimistic or anything, but what if you miss the conditions?
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:20
Regular
Until uni that is
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:19
Regular
munn wrote:
> I just got an Unconditional offer from GlasgowUni (My first choice),
> so:
>
> I ARE WINNAR!
>
> w00tage and all that jazz.

WOW! So that means you don't even have to do any work from now on.
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:19
Regular
Games eh? Make sure it's either completely art or engineering related; design degrees, while having some technical content, will only mean a much tougher job when you go into the big wide world.
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:14
Regular
I've got offers from all the places I've applied for now

Lincoln: Games Computing - Conditional First Choice
Lincoln: Computing - Conditional
Sheffield Hallam: Computing - Conditional Insurance
Northumbria: Games Computing - Conditional
Nottingham Trent: Computer Science (Games Technology) - Conditional
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:07
Regular
I just got an Unconditional offer from GlasgowUni (My first choice), so:

I ARE WINNAR!

w00tage and all that jazz.
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:05
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Oooh, big man. You're tough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.