GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP VS DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 18:33
Regular
"object"
there is a dispute over which will be better

it will prob influence my decision being a sony fan

they both have there pros and cons, im suporting the psp cause im a sony fan and it does mp3

the psp is more powerfull and plays mp3 but its battery does not last that long

the DS does have a battery that does not run out as fast and is cheaper, it does have two screens but that does not appeal to me i id rather have one big screen, touch screen will prob not be that good for gaming

DS does look a bit ugly but the nice big screen on the psp will get smashed up cause there is no protection
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:48
Regular
"object"
DS battery does take 4 hours to charge and PSP battery takes just over 2 hours to charge, the psp battery is 1800 mah and you can get AA batterys that are 2100 mah, even if the psp had a better battery it would not be as good as DS on power.
Fri 31/12/04 at 16:03
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Tphi wrote:
> Sorry to keep posting charts, but the latest figures just made me
> laugh.
>
> You're reading it right, the Gamecube is outselling the PSP in Japan.
>
>
> Ahahaahahahaha. :D
>
> 1.) Nintendo DS - 396,674 | 1,286,074
> 2.) Game Boy Advance SP - 190,268 | 2,530,961
> 3.) PlayStation 2 - 188,134 | 2,691,666
> 4.) GameCube - 108,311 | 696,839
> 5.) PSP - 107,217 | 352,295
> 6.) GBA - 3,877 | 198,025
> 7.) XBOX - 704 | 37,083
> 8.) PSone - 90 | 14,029

what i am not believing what im seeing.gamecube is beating psp!

now thats amazing!
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
so no one's bought a PSP since the last count? Or an Xbox it seems. Who are the poor 40 people buying PSOnes? Deary me.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Sorry to keep posting charts, but the latest figures just made me laugh. You're reading it right, the Gamecube is outselling the PSP in Japan.

Ahahaahahahaha. :D

This week | This year total

1.) Nintendo DS - 396,674 | 1,286,074
2.) Game Boy Advance SP - 190,268 | 2,530,961
3.) PlayStation 2 - 188,134 | 2,691,666
4.) GameCube - 108,311 | 696,839
5.) PSP - 107,217 | 352,295
6.) GBA - 3,877 | 198,025
7.) XBOX - 704 | 37,083
8.) PSone - 90 | 14,029
Fri 31/12/04 at 00:22
Regular
That fact is Macintosh if you were one of those millions who bought a GBA SP this Christmas would you get a PSP???

The DS sold about a million over Christmas in the states with the GBA SP outselling the DS!!!!! That's several million new handheld owners.

Now if you had just bought a GBA SP would you then go and buy a PSP come March??

The chances are you wouldn't afford it anyway as you had to get a GBA SP for Christmas!!!!

The more GBA SP's sold in America and Europe will hit the sales of the PSP. The GBA SP has had a storming Christmas in Europe.

3 Special Edition GBA's (Pink, Zelda and Mario/DK)... combined with the release of Fire Red, Leaf Green, Zelda, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy and Super Mario Ball! There was a price drop for the system and the beginning of next year there is the second dose of "NES CLASSICS" and a GBA-Gamecube connectivity game, Zelda: Four Swords.

That is a massive GBA SP push at a time when the console should be "dying out"... couple that with the up and coming Wario Ware 2 and Pokemon Emerald and you have a monster seller!

Nintendo know that the more GBA's sold between now and the release of the PSP means less owners for the PSP. It means less owners for the DS too but at least those lost owners are still Nintendo's. And of course with the fact the DS plays GBA games, if these new GBA SP owners want to get a DS they shouldn't worry because they can play all their new GBA games on it anyway!
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's ridiculous to say that the PSP and GBA aren't competing. You wouldn't buy both, would you? No, you'd buy one or the other - so they're competing.

I love how Macintosh just disappears back to his usual Regular account whenever a valid point is made against him.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Random by default"
If i was still in the market i would of sold off my GBA unit and kept the games (well the ones i liked) and put the money towards the DS as it plays GBA games.

Would i of got the PSP? No. For the pure reason i can see dual/touch screen adding something new the gaming id be playing. I've seen graphics and played the games that the PSP has to offer before.

I see the GBA-SP still in the competition, i see whats being said that its not the newest machine by Nintendo, but its user base is still large and people are still buying it.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
and the DS plays GBA games, but the PSP doesn't.

Anyway, so you Macintosh is trying to say that the GBASP sold more units than the PSP because it's been out longer? Surely that goes against what you said about gamers wanting newer, "next generation" games such as Wipeout.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:26
Regular
Given the choice, DS definately.

However, that is because I already own an SP.

People still buy older models of phones despite newer ones being released.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd rather have a DS as I already own a GBA.

By your logic, however, because I would rather have a DS than a PSP, they're not directly competing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.