GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings hate post"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/01/05 at 16:39
Regular
"wow"
I really hate lord of the rings! it has brought us 2 things, orlando bloom (good God NOOOOO!!!!!!!!) and as if that wasn't bad enough a race of nerds who would rather die defending its name than realise that any average book made into such an expensive film with rubbish actors (except that guy who plays that guy who was grey but turned white - due to too much gay sex or something) was all terrible!!!

Who can like such a film!!!
Who can think it is a great movie!!
Who can say that "they were brilliant to come up with something like that"

Nothing about the Lord of the Rings movies is good.
They have brought pain into my life, and because friends wanted to see them i saw all 3 films..... thats over 9 hours of my life wasted. I will so regret that on my death bed. But what's worse is people want to see the extented versions. They watch them again and agian and agian and again!!!!

What is good about this :

Film 1
"short hairy poppets have party. King Evilalot goes to war with all life. The best actor dies. The gremlins attack again. Lolypop and suckem'n'see trunddle over the hill of light to mount bad-egg, via swamp stinky poo, river flowseastdontyaknow, over the sea of cumador.

Film 2

"all hope is lost until Dum and Dee and an army of talking trees attack an army production facility like in C&C. The great knight sir ballsgalore lead all man kind over the mountain of fire through the river of eels to the castle of vipirearama, where he, by himself, killed all 32 trillion scro warriors who were sent to kill them for no reason, thus saving humanity, for another little while. He marched to mount freedom and talked to preist godly about his son dild oorg asims."

Film 3

"All life has backs to the walls tryin not to be bugg**ed. But the bad man forgot about that army of ghosts that can not be killed and save all life, until Lolypop and Suckem'n'see finally through an onion ring in some blow hole. Everybody except the best actor go to a dock and have an orgie of 'happy-love' then suckem'n'see dates a real girl entering into a life of sexual oppression"

I really hate it.
Anybody who says otherwise take it elsewhere this is for people who hate them and want to celebrate it!! You get to celebrate liking them, so i will enjoy hating them!!!
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:46
Regular
Zhuge Liang wrote:
> people who like the films are tasteless, mindless folk who don't
> actually have an opinion, but because a friend said "it was good
> cause of all the pretty colours" - and that friend was much more
> smelly and stronger than them, they said "yeah i like it"
> to blend in with the crowd.

That's what you're afraid of, isn't it?

Stop trying to be different, stop making ridiculous generalisations that do nothing but prove that you yourself are more mindless than anyone here, and come up with a valid reason as to why to film is crap.
Wed 05/01/05 at 17:22
Regular
"Cosmic..."
He's not touchy? :P
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:20
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ah touché
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I liked 'em - its okay for you to hate them (why did you watch all three if you didnt like the first?)
Tue 04/01/05 at 23:22
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Zhuge Liang wrote:
> actually have an opinion, but because a friend said "it was good
> cause of all the pretty colours" - and that friend was much more
> smelly and stronger than them, they said "yeah i like it"
> to blend in with the crowd.

You're an idiot.
Anyone can make sweeping generalisations like that.
Watch.

"people who don't like the film are tasteless, midless folk who don't actually have an opinion, but because a friend said 'it was good because of the terrific acting, story, character development and special effects', they decided 'yeah, I don't like that, because a lot of other people do, and I'm too cool to follow the crowd so I'll be an individual and troll on message boards about how the film's bad, when in actual fact I know nothing about it, or the books'."
Tue 04/01/05 at 23:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Zhuge Liang wrote:
> actually have an opinion

Lord of the rings fans are probably the least mindless people you can get, largely because they are mostly all geeks.
Tue 04/01/05 at 23:11
Regular
"wow"
people who like the films are tasteless, mindless folk who don't actually have an opinion, but because a friend said "it was good cause of all the pretty colours" - and that friend was much more smelly and stronger than them, they said "yeah i like it" to blend in with the crowd.

One day people will realise, they are below average films. In any case not due the hype or praise they get by drones. Most films are better, like Shrek, or Gladiator, or Rugrats in Paris (and that one is saying something)!
Tue 04/01/05 at 23:06
Regular
Seriously though, how can you say that The Lord of the Rings is that bad?

It's just plain not true.
Tue 04/01/05 at 22:43
Regular
"wow"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Zhuge Liang wrote:
> dont worry everyone else feel free to keep posting hate mail
>
> For everyone else to keep doing something they have to had started it
> in the first place. In case you didn't notice, you're all on your
> own.

Maybe if you bothered you f**king ass you would check the early posts and see otherwise
Tue 04/01/05 at 20:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Mav wrote:
> Zhuge Liang wrote:
> Lord of the Rings hate post
>
> Christ, it's so fashionable to have a go at Royal Mail these days.
>
> It's bad enough that half the country are against them, but now
> they're up against bloody Sauron too. What do people expect?

I'm surprised nobody thought of this sooner. (they may have done but not worth the effort to look through all the posts).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.