GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"500 greatest songs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 19:13
Regular
"lets go back"
Virgin Radio has been running a poll for the 500 greatest songs of all time and the results were out earlier today.

[URL]http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/top500/index.html[/URL]

I guessed the munber one spot from the beggining even though I dont think it is the best song ever. There were a few shocks in the Top 10. I though Queen would be higher and I really didnt expect Robbie Williams to be there.

So what do you think of the results?
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
Don't fear the reaper is a classic. If only I could download it for free. Bloody useless P2P programs.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Lucy.laptop@gmail"
Don't think much of this chart, you see so many of them and they're always different depending on who's being asked, teens, guitar fanboys, music critics(Always the best option) etc.
I'll pick some decent stuff out.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"guitar fanboys" are the best.
And music critics aren't always the best choice. 90% of music critics are so far up their own ass I'm surprised their ears work. In fact, they probably don't.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Love Shack!
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:26
"period drama"
You just can't have the 500 greatest songs, it will never work.
Never. It's impossible.

Until there is only 1 person left alive on earth, then he (or she, but we all know it'll be a guy) can compile the list. And that will be the list.
Even then, he'll still be wrong.

But it will be the pure results of the magical 'best songs in the world, according to this one bloke' pole. And he can agree with every entry in a 'oh, I knew that one would be there' kind of a way.
And then he can join the rest of us in death and all music ever created can be destroyed.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Lucy.laptop@gmail"
Has LL's stamp of approval
God Only Knows - Beach Boys
American Pie - Don McLean (243, now honestly)
Breakfast In America - Supertramp (300 ???)

It's really sad thats all i can really find worth mentioning.

Doesn't deserve to be on list
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Run - Snow Patrol
Keane
Most of the stuff

Crap
Robbie Williams (anything by)
Bon Jovi (F#@$ing terrible)
Dido (Insipid womens institute coffee morning crap)
Nickleback (I see the stupid teens haven't forgotten about them yet)

Over-rated
Queen
U2
Travis

Why has the scientist been ignored instead of other Coldplay stuff, it's clearly their best song.
There seems to be a distinct lack of Elvis which suprised me, unsuprising and undeservedly no Carole King, no Aretha Franklin, this poll is a load of rubbish.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The Scientist is on the list. It's #410.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Lucy.laptop@gmail"
mermoid wrote:
> "guitar fanboys" are the best.
> And music critics aren't always the best choice. 90% of music
> critics are so far up their own ass I'm surprised their ears work.
> In fact, they probably don't.

Yeah musos can be like that but most know what theyre on about, it's the poncey ones who go on about obscure acts as if to show off how much they know that are a pain.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Lucy.laptop@gmail"
mermoid wrote:
> The Scientist is on the list. It's #410.

I saw but it's behind other Coldplay songs and it shouldn't be.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
"Jet - Are you gonna be my girl"

Arrrrggghhhhhh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.