GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"500 greatest songs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 19:13
Regular
"lets go back"
Virgin Radio has been running a poll for the 500 greatest songs of all time and the results were out earlier today.

[URL]http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/top500/index.html[/URL]

I guessed the munber one spot from the beggining even though I dont think it is the best song ever. There were a few shocks in the Top 10. I though Queen would be higher and I really didnt expect Robbie Williams to be there.

So what do you think of the results?
Wed 05/01/05 at 09:05
Regular
"I like beef"
Joe Satriani also did a thing with Steve Vai called "G3". Quite good but hasn't got the magic that they both have on their own.

MT.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I am?
Great.
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
He's a guitarist.
He's wonderful.
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Also, you're the person that made me introduce myself to a Spanish person on MSN many times thinking it was you, before they eventually said they weren't you in really broken english.
:)
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
mermoid wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> (Although I think Forza and
> mermoid like them a bit too much)
>
> what!
> If you think that, you should try talking to me about God (aka Joe
> Satriani).

I have a mate like you who is even worse with Radiohead. He just goes on and on about them. He's tried to convert people to his cult like love of them, but I refused.

Having said that,they do have quite a few good songs.

I'm not good with names by the way, so who is Joe satriani? He from a better known band or a soloist or something?
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yer.
They got the #1 correct though.

#2 should've been a JS track.
They're too good for me to just pick one for that spot.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:31
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Had a flick through the Virgin one and have plenty of complaints, but won't list them. The only thing I will point out is I don't know how they did it or what they were thinking, but so many songs in there were a good bands most popular yet crap or just crap song.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Clazon wrote:
> (Although I think Forza and
> mermoid like them a bit too much)

what!
If you think that, you should try talking to me about God (aka Joe Satriani).
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
munn wrote:
> They picked all the crappy Radiohead songs though.
>
>
> Where's "Planet Telex"

Dear God. What the hell are you on.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Just to pick some things out of what's been posted:

Nirvana underated-
made me laugh for the first time today.

Paranoid Android and most other decent Radiohead below Creep-
made me laugh for the second time today. (Although I think Forza and mermoid like them a bit too much)

The amazing inclusion of new bands and even more amzing choice of their worst songs-
I have no idea, but I agree.

Now to look at the 2 lists...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.