GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Next Console War - Almost upon us"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
"rpgfan"
With magazines starting the hype early about the PS3, Xbox 2 and GC2 it had me thinking who will win next time? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo? Here are my views on the sucess of each current console.

I have had a Gamecube, Xbox and currently own a PS2, so i can honestly give an accurate review about this subject.

PS2: Sold literally millions upons millions of consoles. Big sucess helped because of hype and the amount of varied games to choose from.

Xbox: For the first console by Microsoft is was a great effort. This is the most powerful console and did sell very well.

Gamecube:

Now, i don't want to sound 'against' Nintendo, but this really was a lousy excuse for a console. The graphics power and processor are faster than the PS2, but the games do not use the power.
There maybe some 'Nintendo Zealots' who will defend their console to the end, but the fact is, it sold barely any units and alot of their games are childish. Some games that i had are really good, such as Super Mario: Sunshine and Eternal Darkness, but with some games developers choosing not to make any games for the console doesn't help. In the beginning stores were taking the GC off their shelves and this limited the sucess of the Gamecube. I don't mean to sound biased, but i do think its fair to say that the other two consoles have done much better.

So what do you people think? I wish each 'new console' ( PS3, Xbox 2 and GC2) good luck in terms of sales and can't wait for the next console war to unfold...
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
blow u away wiv my gun
Fri 31/12/04 at 08:56
Regular
"..."
Hedfix wrote:
> I think there's no guarante about the next console war winner.
>
Agreed, like so many things in life there are so many random factors that we cannot account for just yet. For example, one or the other may get some really good product placement which makes all the kids decide it's cool and rush out and buy/steal one.
Fri 31/12/04 at 02:58
Regular
"8==="
I think there's no guarante about the next console war winner.

Personally I'll go with the first one to have a HD/a SERIOUSLY large memory card and a decent online setup. If Microsoft drop the HD that'll count against them with me if the PS3/Next Nintendo console has one.
Fri 31/12/04 at 00:44
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
GC shall never perish!
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Satans Bike wrote:
> phi11ip wrote:
> I'm taking bets on the entire 1st gen of PS3's breaking just after
> the
> year warranty has passed.
>
> 1/500000 at the moment.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Dick, i know no-one who's ps2's have broken on them
>
> its just a dumb rumour that people have been spreading
>
> Maybe one truth of it is that people might of been playing
> frustrating games and threw it across the rooms, i dont know *shrugs*

My PS2 packed up on me. It wouldn't read any discs at all so it is not a rumour, it is very true.
Wed 29/12/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Notable"
My copy of the getaway 2 broke because ma ps2 was knocked over and on the impact of being caught in my woodchopper-like arms the disc scratched.

It's a good think I completed it ten minutes earlier. Thats one GameCube and one reason to play the PS2, broke with no-one to blame. *sobs pathetically*
Wed 29/12/04 at 19:08
"period drama"
It's actually a very accurate rumour, which isn't actually a rumour, just accurate. A very high number of the first machines had disc read errors with DVDs, or the lenses got blocked, or something else.

There's a lot of people on here who've had problems, and I've witnessed first-hand 2 machines packing up for no reason.
Wed 29/12/04 at 17:09
Regular
"The king of TS"
phi11ip wrote:
> I'm taking bets on the entire 1st gen of PS3's breaking just after the
> year warranty has passed.
>
> 1/500000 at the moment.
>
> Any takers?

Dick, i know no-one who's ps2's have broken on them

its just a dumb rumour that people have been spreading

Maybe one truth of it is that people might of been playing frustrating games and threw it across the rooms, i dont know *shrugs*
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
sorry i cant read
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Actually, you'll win 0.0004p.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.