GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Next Console War - Almost upon us"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
"rpgfan"
With magazines starting the hype early about the PS3, Xbox 2 and GC2 it had me thinking who will win next time? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo? Here are my views on the sucess of each current console.

I have had a Gamecube, Xbox and currently own a PS2, so i can honestly give an accurate review about this subject.

PS2: Sold literally millions upons millions of consoles. Big sucess helped because of hype and the amount of varied games to choose from.

Xbox: For the first console by Microsoft is was a great effort. This is the most powerful console and did sell very well.

Gamecube:

Now, i don't want to sound 'against' Nintendo, but this really was a lousy excuse for a console. The graphics power and processor are faster than the PS2, but the games do not use the power.
There maybe some 'Nintendo Zealots' who will defend their console to the end, but the fact is, it sold barely any units and alot of their games are childish. Some games that i had are really good, such as Super Mario: Sunshine and Eternal Darkness, but with some games developers choosing not to make any games for the console doesn't help. In the beginning stores were taking the GC off their shelves and this limited the sucess of the Gamecube. I don't mean to sound biased, but i do think its fair to say that the other two consoles have done much better.

So what do you people think? I wish each 'new console' ( PS3, Xbox 2 and GC2) good luck in terms of sales and can't wait for the next console war to unfold...
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:00
Regular
"rpgfan"
The Winster wrote:
> Anybody heard of Phantom?
> It was a very ba concept, an its developers are bankrupt now! Guess
> that may happen with SOny, NOA & MS also.

I really hope your joking... Bill Gates money will never run out so he can invest in Xbox forever.

Sony are one of the biggest electronics manufactures....Theres their money.

Nintendo... .Erm....erm...erm... They made a lot of money from the Zelda series, they could survive on that...
Sat 01/01/05 at 19:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Coin wrote:
> Chr1s wrote:
> No it bloody wasn't. It is a great console and there are many superb
> games such as Zelda and Metroid Prime which are easily the equal of
> GTA and Halo.
>
>
> He he he...
>
> Young fool, only now, at the end, do you realise the horror...

The horror of what, be clear. And what the hell gives you the impression that I'm young.
Sat 01/01/05 at 00:07
"I love yo... lamp."
chippxero wrote:
> Atomic Halo wrote:
> GC shall never perish!
>
> hehe like the n64 :( died a sudden death.

You realise that to date the N64 has in fact sold more than twice as many units as the Gamecube has, and the GC only has approx a year, two if you really stretch it, left? Time to catch up? Nope.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Whichever console has the largest amount of turn based and strategy RPG's on it will be the one i buy. Spare me the console specs i'm not interested, whichever console Atlus and Nippon Ichi Software throw their weight behind will be the one i'll be handing my grubby American dollars over for
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
Chr1s wrote:
> No it bloody wasn't. It is a great console and there are many superb
> games such as Zelda and Metroid Prime which are easily the equal of
> GTA and Halo.

He he he...

Young fool, only now, at the end, do you realise the horror...
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gamer4ever wrote:
>
this really was
> a lousy excuse for a console.

No it bloody wasn't. It is a great console and there are many superb games such as Zelda and Metroid Prime which are easily the equal of GTA and Halo. Maybe there are a few too many childish games for it, but it still is a fantastic machine and a lot of the games are top quality. I have also found it to be far more reliable than my PS2, or should I say my first one. I had to get a 2nd PS2 a year and a half after buying my first one because it would no longer read the discs. Since I have had my PS2, I have had 3 corrupted memory card files. How many have I had with my GC, 0.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Always the winner?"
Anybody heard of Phantom?
It was a very ba concept, an its developers are bankrupt now! Guess that may happen with SOny, NOA & MS also.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Always the winner?"
I think, it'd be a close competition. But with all the hype, I guess, all three of them would be released during a global economic depression!
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:33
Regular
"..."
OK, have decided to put this to rest. All the consoles blow apart from one I just threw together from some left-over components in my shed. As it has better speakers and is a cool shade of green.

Happy new year folks.
Fri 31/12/04 at 12:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
Atomic Halo wrote:
> GC shall never perish!

hehe like the n64 :( died a sudden death.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.