GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"23,700 dead, and you tell me theres a god?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Hallelujah"
This is tradegy of a phenominal scale. I cannot even contemplate that many human lives ending at once, and on christmas. Its a sick thing.

127,000 was the final count, although its feared it was somewhere closer to 150,000. All I want to add is not to those who died, but for the survivors, I hope things don't get to hard for you and I wish you the best of luck.
Sun 23/01/05 at 21:49
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Read the archbishop's article, I got loads of things wrong. Yes, there is a God, and he told me so.

(god, not the archbishop)
Sun 23/01/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Hallelujah"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> If anything, this occurence should reinforce christian's belief in a
> god.
>
> What with all the plagues and stuff he inflicted upon people aaaaages
> ago.
>
> It was fine back then, wasn't it. Now it's all 'god is a push-over
> and we can do whatever we want to earth without him reacting.'
>
> I'm not a christian anymore, but if I was, I'd look on this disaster
> as an act of god.

I like the logic behind your approach. Your saying its an act of God, but not one with the intent of uniting, but actually destructing, intersting, shame not so many share your views...
Sat 15/01/05 at 15:32
Regular
"8==="
The Western World:

1) Defeat dictator
2) Use dictator's ideas for 'good'
3) Use ideas to defeat another dictator with evil ideas
4) Use dictator's idea for 'good'
5) repeat
Sat 15/01/05 at 15:30
Regular
Its simply gods way of saying, "Here america, let me help you with the ethnic cleansing."
Sat 15/01/05 at 14:44
Regular
If anything, this occurence should reinforce christian's belief in a god.

What with all the plagues and stuff he inflicted upon people aaaaages ago.

It was fine back then, wasn't it. Now it's all 'god is a push-over and we can do whatever we want to earth without him reacting.'

I'm not a christian anymore, but if I was, I'd look on this disaster as an act of god.
Sat 15/01/05 at 12:16
Regular
"8==="
Shared resurrection imagery through various religions: collective unconscious? (or possibly even a collective Super Ego with a collective Super stick up it's ar*e).
Sat 15/01/05 at 11:18
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Anyone on here do sociology A level (or Degree). I don't but my friend does and she was telling me about a theory on religion, I can't remember what its called, but basically it talks about religion as a way of manipulatin society. So if you we're to compare God to your conscience, you'd have to say that God is a globally shared manipulation, whereas conscience is all your own creation. I'm not totally sure I phrased that right but I think you should get what I mean.
Wed 12/01/05 at 19:46
Regular
"0228"
Your conscience tells you what is right and wrong. In Pinnochio they use the green bug guy in the top hat as a sort of physical version of Pinnochio's conscience, trying to guide him and teach him not to lie.

Loads of cartoons do it with the little angel and devil that appear on people's shoulders when they have a difficult decision to make. They're obviously not physically real but they are real within our minds. I'm not saying that you picture little cartoon angels and devils but you do have to weigh up the pros and cons and try to make a morally correct choice.
Wed 12/01/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ShortyUK wrote:
>Conscience is awareness of your surroundings

Is that not conscious rather than conscience?
Wed 12/01/05 at 18:51
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
JFH wrote:
> There may not be a physical God but your conscience isn't physical > either but you'd agree that that was real.

Conscience is chemical. Its all the brain mate. Take away the brain, no conscience. Conscience is awareness of your surroundings, with the ability to recognise your own exsistence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.