GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desperate Newcastle go after Morientes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 01:21
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Newcastle have joined the race to sign Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes after their desperate £8m bid for Boumsong was rejected. HAHA

But the Liverpool Echo has said Anfield boss Rafa Benitez will avoid a bidding war and instead turn his attentions to Nicolas Anelka. Real are believed to still want £7m before selling Morientes.

Reports suggest Liverpool will lift their offer to £5m - the highest they are willing to go before bowing out of any deal. Benitez could yet turn his attentions to the younger Anelka should Morientes be reluctant to pledge his future to Liverpool, even tho he is already praising Liverpool and how he'd love to play for us.
Mon 03/01/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Colourless"
"Are you Alastair in disguise?" :P
Mon 03/01/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Stryke wrote:
> How you two have managed to drag such a pointless argument on for so
> long is beyond me.

Boredom, it's the holidays.
Mon 03/01/05 at 22:32
Regular
"Don't let me down"
You ask me why i'm arguing, your quote...

> Gahahaha. You can't take that poll into account when looking at who's
> better.....
>
> Defoe is ranked best in premiership above Henry....
>
> Thus, that poll = void

Thats when I called you a idiot, the point I was arguing with you was that you said the poll was void.

>The poll says who is the best striker in the premiership (or at least it >did when you sent me the link) which to me implies "WHO IS THE BEST >STRIKER OVERALL" not how well anyone has done this season.

No it didn't, but yeahh, I agree he wins

>Sorry, when....?
>Not a bunch of Newcastle fans on a free internet site. Happy Now?

My quote
And why not? It's a poll made by fans and not some Newcastle web site, fans supporting different clubs.
Mon 03/01/05 at 18:22
Regular
"Colourless"
kevstar wrote:
> It doesn't need a brainy person to work out that the poll is
> regarding this season, otherwise they would have people like Cantona
> etc. So that means you can take the 3 world player of the years award
> out of it and what are you left with?

Oh dear. Why are you arguing with this. You said yourself that Henry is clearly better than Defoe, so why are you arguing with me? Huh? The poll says who is the best striker in the premiership (or at least it did when you sent me the link) which to me implies "WHO IS THE BEST STRIKER OVERALL" not how well anyone has done this season. Even if it is on this season, Henry still wins.

> and it doesn't
> take brains to mention that Defoe is one of the most improved players
> this season which is why he's up there with the rest of them.

Colourless wrote:
> If the poll was "which striker is the most improved?" then
> maybe Defoe.

Looks like I already made that point, so once again I ask, why are you arguing with me?

> You also seem to be copying things i've already said, and trying
> badly to convert them into your favour, it doesn't work.

Sorry, when....?
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:47
Regular
How you two have managed to drag such a pointless argument on for so long is beyond me.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Colourless wrote:
> I didn't say people weren't allowed an opinion. They are. But how
> could anyone seriously hold the opinion that Defoe is better than
> Henry.
>
> Even Alec, Defoe's worshipper, admits Henry is in a different league
> to Defoe.
>
> Did Defoe get nominated to the final three for World Player of the
> Year. This is run by experts, who know their stuff. Not a bunch of
> Newcastle fans on a free internet site. Happy Now?

Hey i'm glad you think its a Newcastle web site, and since when did I say that Henry isn't better than Defoe, but I don't laugh at people who do. It doesn't need a brainy person to work out that the poll is regarding this season, otherwise they would have people like Cantona etc. So that means you can take the 3 world player of the years award out of it and what are you left with? This season, and it doesn't take brains to mention that Defoe is one of the most improved players this season which is why he's up there with the rest of them. Have you actually seen the poll in the last few days? Didn't think so.

You also seem to be copying things i've already said, and trying badly to convert them into your favour, it doesn't work.
Mon 03/01/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Colourless"
kevstar wrote:
> I'll say this again, your stupid for thinking that there isn't people
> with different opinions other than yours.

After all, everybody is entitled to my opinion.
Mon 03/01/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Colourless"
I didn't say people weren't allowed an opinion. They are. But how could anyone seriously hold the opinion that Defoe is better than Henry.

Even Alec, Defoe's worshipper, admits Henry is in a different league to Defoe.

Did Defoe get nominated to the final three for World Player of the Year. This is run by experts, who know their stuff. Not a bunch of Newcastle fans on a free internet site. Happy Now?
Mon 03/01/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Colourless wrote:
> kevstar wrote:
> I'll say this again, your stupid for thinking that there isn't
> people
>
> Sorry, point out to me where I said that?

Your quote's

> Because a bunch have people have stupidly voted on this

> Saying Defoe is better than Henry is frankly laughable.

>I am saying it's void because these people's views shouldn't be trusted BECAUSE they think Defoe is better than Henry.

Happy now?
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Colourless"
kevstar wrote:
> I'll say this again, your stupid for thinking that there isn't people

Sorry, point out to me where I said that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.