GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who likes LOTR?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Well I actually never bothered with any of it. I was once subjected to 30 mins or so of the first movie, and it nearly bored me to tears. Very very dull I thought. I've been told countless times by people that the 1st installement is just the scene setter. Although surely if the 1st of a trilogy doesn't float your boat then why would the others? Or is it just me and only geeks like this type of cinema? If so it appears that 90% of the population are geeks...
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I love LoTR. RoTK is my favourite.

I just got it on extended DVD edition. Now i have them all!!! Mwahahaha!!1!

Anywho i have read the books and they were also brilliant. Hehe i even have Arwens Evenstar Necklace! [URL]http://www.tolkientown.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=395[/URL]

I have to say that i think J.K Rowling has ripped off alot of stuff from the LoTR books. Like the big spider for instance...
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:14
Regular
I fecking love LOTR.

I'm watching extended ROTK right now.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> It was funny to see Sauron go 'Raarg' and be all nasty and Dark
> Lordish and people go 'ooo how unoriginal', when Tolkien practicaly
> invented the idea.

Aye, very true. Since the books were writen in the 50's till when they were filmed it's been a fantasy staple. Read the Sword of Shannara for a particularly poor copy, and, well, most other fantasy books. :)
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It was funny to see Sauron go 'Raarg' and be all nasty and Dark Lordish and people go 'ooo how unoriginal', when Tolkien practicaly invented the idea.
Thu 23/12/04 at 09:01
Regular
I was totally oblivious to the whole LoTR saga before the movies - I even though it was some kind of variaton of that balls-fest Lord of The Dance (wtf was I on??).

So, upon entering the theatre for Fellowship, I was a 100% LoTR virgin.

I left the theatre loving it and knew for definite the trilogy was going to be a winner.
Thu 23/12/04 at 08:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grëén ƒérð¢it¥ wrote:
> Well I actually never bothered with any of it. I was once subjected to
> 30 mins or so of the first movie, and it nearly bored me to tears.
> Very very dull I thought. I've been told countless times by people
> that the 1st installement is just the scene setter. Although surely
> if the 1st of a trilogy doesn't float your boat then why would the
> others? Or is it just me and only geeks like this type of cinema? If
> so it appears that 90% of the population are geeks...

First 30 mins is harldy a good sample of the movie. It shouldn't be classed as three movies either, but one complete movie split into three parts. Extended is the only way to see it too.

Personally, I love them, but I've been brought up on the books. Even if you have not, if you don't like the idea of small people, elves and the now cliched fantasy staple of a dark lord, it aint going to do a damn thing for you.

Oh, and yes, it's an ubeergeek conspiracy to take over the world. We're just quite and shy about it and Pete Jackson, geek done good, is our lord and master.
Thu 23/12/04 at 02:02
Regular
"Captain to you."
JFH wrote:
> The Two Towers is the best of the three (in my opinion) but they are
> all very good films. If they cut the last 30 minutes off Return of
> the King they'd be even better.

Out of the books the second one was the one i liked the least but the film was pretty good probably the best of the 3.

I like the books so much more than the films. the books didn't have gay little hobbits in. The end of the third film is such a homo-love-fest
Wed 22/12/04 at 23:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Get on MSN ben.
Wed 22/12/04 at 23:15
Regular
*laughter*
Wed 22/12/04 at 22:48
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I've seen all three LOTR films. Maybe I would like them more if I had read the book. I prefer the animated version anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.