GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who likes LOTR?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
Well I actually never bothered with any of it. I was once subjected to 30 mins or so of the first movie, and it nearly bored me to tears. Very very dull I thought. I've been told countless times by people that the 1st installement is just the scene setter. Although surely if the 1st of a trilogy doesn't float your boat then why would the others? Or is it just me and only geeks like this type of cinema? If so it appears that 90% of the population are geeks...
Thu 23/12/04 at 18:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Light wrote:
> I've also read The Silmarillion. And I enjoyed it.
>
> sorry

Yey, once you start to remember who each of the Valar actually are and all the various houses of Elves it becomes a real classic.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:29
Regular
I've seen the first film and to be honest I wasn't particuarly taken by any of it. I can see how some may love it, but I just couldn't really into it.

I'll get around to watching the other 2 films sometime, I'm in no hurry though.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
I got to about page 40 of the Silmarillion, then when I realised that despite reading the first section several times I could remember pretty much nothing of the various Gods and creation of Middle Earth, I gave up.

The Bible is a walk in the park in comparison.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> I read a synopsis of one - 'Evil Dark Lord Margath or Morridor will
> destroy the world!'

Check out this beauty of a front cover [URL]http://isleofavalon.com/terrybrooks/images/the_sword_of_shannara_cover.jpg[/URL]

Pay particular attention to the campy elf on the left.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> It was funny to see Sauron go 'Raarg' and be all nasty and Dark
> Lordish and people go 'ooo how unoriginal', when Tolkien practicaly
> invented the idea.
>
> Aye, very true. Since the books were writen in the 50's till when
> they were filmed it's been a fantasy staple. Read the Sword of
> Shannara for a particularly poor copy, and, well, most other fantasy
> books. :)

I read a synopsis of one - 'Evil Dark Lord Margath or Morridor will destroy the world!'
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Light wrote:
> I've also read The Silmarillion. And I enjoyed it.
---------

*points and laughs*
And I don't even know what that is, but I read it as "The Sillymarathon"
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:45
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Loved both books and films. Though it took the films for me to have ANY sympathy for Gollum. Every time I read the books, I just thought "For *&^( sake, just kill the poisonous whining little cretin!". Took the films to really bring that character to life for me.

I've also read The Silmarillion. And I enjoyed it.

sorry
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hated the books, enjoyed the films.
Go figure.
I tried to read them several times, I just couldn't force myself to wade through 12 pages of elf-song and history of Muffwitt, son of Tufty, 3rd king of Muuuh when I simply wanted the next character to speak.
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Books > Everything else > Films.

Books are greater than everything else which is greater than the films? So the movies are crap?
Thu 23/12/04 at 14:32
Regular
"\\"
Books > Everything else > Films.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.