GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Played Game for You this Year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me it was probably Final Fantasy X-2, went through it 3 times and now just playing it to collect all garment grids and generally just mucking about in that 100-level dungeon.

The real shocker though is Final Fantasy XI on the PC, something finally managed to drag me away from the PS2. (Although having said that if it had been released on the PS2 in Europe I'd have probably got the PS2 version).

Other games that chewed up chunks of my time were Killzone (finished the storyline on easy, now doing other difficulty levels), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (just dropping in and dabbling with now and again), Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (completed 3 times with 3 characters!), and of course the trusty old stalwarts of yester-year still get a look-in: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Frequency, Amplitude and the very occasional trip to SOCOM 1.

Overall though, Final Fantasy XI has racked up the most gametime, [/playtime is over 34 days solid] and I can't see that changing much in 2005 as I've only touched on something like 5% of the game, if that. If anything gets released next year to beat it I'd be very surprised but of course delighted too :)

Dunno what I'd do without Square-Enix really, I'd probably be a big Blizzard fan or something and still be playing Diablo II on the PC, the Baldur's Gate series on the PS2 and maybe even thinking about trying out World of Warcraft.

Predictions for most played games of next year:

Final Fantasy XI (definitely)
Suikoden IV (might get me off the PC, even)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (probably clock up 80 or so hours)
Gran Turismo 4 (200 hours plus as usual)
Area 51 (if it turns out to be as good as it currently looks)
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:35
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I thought it was purely PS2 games he was referring to.

He probably was, but the only PS2 game I have played this year is San Andreas. I wanted to participate but wouldn't have had much of an input with only 1 game!

> Killzone is actually pretty decent if you can look past the little
> bugs, I have found it a lot more fun to play than Halo 2 thus far.

That's good to hear. Halo 2 single-player has been incredibly disappointing. I don't feel motivated to complete it - and from the sound of it, there's no point anyway, I won't be missing much.
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:33
Regular
I thought it was purely PS2 games he was referring to.

Killzone is actually pretty decent if you can look past the little bugs, I have found it a lot more fun to play than Halo 2 thus far.
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:26
Regular
I'd say Pandora Tomorrow or Counter-Strike (Xbox & PC) has taken up most of my time this year.

Next year I reckon Timesplitters: Future Perfect will keep me hooked for a long time, as will Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Forza Motorsport.

I will have to get hold of Killzone too.
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:26
Regular
"\\"
Half Life 2. 30 hours or so. Not been much of a gaming year for me.
Fri 17/12/04 at 08:21
Regular
So far would be close between GTA: San Andreas and Xenosaga. Having said that Devil May Cry has taken yet another beating from myself, I love that game.

Going to finally sit down and play though Metal Gear later tonight and going on previous titles I will play through a good few times.

As for next year, most likely Xenosaga 2 and Winning Eleven 7 (when it's released). Going to go with the PS2 version after seeing the unusal cut backs in the Xbox version. Gran Turismo 4 will no doubt be in there and probably some other RPG's release state side that tickle my fan*y.
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
MVP Baseball 2004 at around 100 hours and Disgaea at over 250
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:59
"period drama"
... but a lot of fantastic games are quite short.

I don't think how long you spent playing a game says very much about it. I played FFX-2 for longer than any other game, but didn't think it was much cop.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm, probably DW. Started off the year trying to complete 100%.

Otherwise, it's a toss up between TimeSplitters 2, Pro Evo 4, GTA : SA, FFIX and Disgaea.
Thu 16/12/04 at 18:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Probably Pro Evo 3. I haven't played many games at all this year. FFVII for a bit....beyond that I can't even remember. Pro Evo 3 has almost definitely been my main game. And for next year, well, probably Pro Evo 4.

Although FFXII, MGS3, and Devil May Cry 3 all around Easter 2005...it could get messy.
Thu 16/12/04 at 18:32
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Let me see...

I've played the Dynasty Warriors series for about 100 hours this year.
I've played Jak 2 for about 85.
I've played Jak 3 for about 50.
I've played THUG for about 20.
I've played THUG 2 for about 60.
I've played Ratchet and Clank 2 for about 75.
I've played Final Fantasy X-2 for about 50 (100% oh yuss).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.