GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Played Game for You this Year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me it was probably Final Fantasy X-2, went through it 3 times and now just playing it to collect all garment grids and generally just mucking about in that 100-level dungeon.

The real shocker though is Final Fantasy XI on the PC, something finally managed to drag me away from the PS2. (Although having said that if it had been released on the PS2 in Europe I'd have probably got the PS2 version).

Other games that chewed up chunks of my time were Killzone (finished the storyline on easy, now doing other difficulty levels), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (just dropping in and dabbling with now and again), Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (completed 3 times with 3 characters!), and of course the trusty old stalwarts of yester-year still get a look-in: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Frequency, Amplitude and the very occasional trip to SOCOM 1.

Overall though, Final Fantasy XI has racked up the most gametime, [/playtime is over 34 days solid] and I can't see that changing much in 2005 as I've only touched on something like 5% of the game, if that. If anything gets released next year to beat it I'd be very surprised but of course delighted too :)

Dunno what I'd do without Square-Enix really, I'd probably be a big Blizzard fan or something and still be playing Diablo II on the PC, the Baldur's Gate series on the PS2 and maybe even thinking about trying out World of Warcraft.

Predictions for most played games of next year:

Final Fantasy XI (definitely)
Suikoden IV (might get me off the PC, even)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (probably clock up 80 or so hours)
Gran Turismo 4 (200 hours plus as usual)
Area 51 (if it turns out to be as good as it currently looks)
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:52
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pro Evo 3,
then the Champ Man 4,
then Pro Evo 4.

I think you can see where my loyalties lie.
Sat 18/12/04 at 16:34
Regular
San Andreas, methinks.
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
8 hours out of the last 12 on Ratchet and Clank 3 :D
Sat 18/12/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Any hole's a goal"
Vice City, San Andreas, Pro Evo 3, SOCOM 2
Fri 17/12/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Vice City

San Andreas really hasn't been out long enough.
Fri 17/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
Rainbow Six 3/Counter-Strike/Morrowind
Fri 17/12/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
Probably Pro Evolution 3, GTA San Andreas and Burnout 3
Fri 17/12/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Hmmm combination of FFX-2, finished twice to get 100% in one try second time round. And surprisingly Star Ocean: Till the end of time, put in a good 100+ hours and only just on my second time through.
Fri 17/12/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Closely followed by Disgaea (damn Lakers for this suggestion!). It
> surprising how much time this has already stolen from me.

hehe like Laharl said *want me to give the children an addictive video game to deprive them of their sleep*

But yes as long as the good message of Disgaea spreads out then i shall be happy as if that does well (as well as La Pucelle and Phantom Brave) then Nippon Ichi Software will have more money to make more A+ games (such as Phantom Kingdom that will be out soon)
Fri 17/12/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Definately FFX-2. Played it through once and then immediately started again to try for the 100%. Actually I found it annoying that it gave you a percentage. Normally I complete a game and don't wonder about what I've missed but with this game...

Closely followed by Disgaea (damn Lakers for this suggestion!). It surprising how much time this has already stolen from me.

Skies of Arcadia is the only other game I've played a lot of this year.

Hmm. A quiet year for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.