GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Played Game for You this Year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me it was probably Final Fantasy X-2, went through it 3 times and now just playing it to collect all garment grids and generally just mucking about in that 100-level dungeon.

The real shocker though is Final Fantasy XI on the PC, something finally managed to drag me away from the PS2. (Although having said that if it had been released on the PS2 in Europe I'd have probably got the PS2 version).

Other games that chewed up chunks of my time were Killzone (finished the storyline on easy, now doing other difficulty levels), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (just dropping in and dabbling with now and again), Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (completed 3 times with 3 characters!), and of course the trusty old stalwarts of yester-year still get a look-in: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Frequency, Amplitude and the very occasional trip to SOCOM 1.

Overall though, Final Fantasy XI has racked up the most gametime, [/playtime is over 34 days solid] and I can't see that changing much in 2005 as I've only touched on something like 5% of the game, if that. If anything gets released next year to beat it I'd be very surprised but of course delighted too :)

Dunno what I'd do without Square-Enix really, I'd probably be a big Blizzard fan or something and still be playing Diablo II on the PC, the Baldur's Gate series on the PS2 and maybe even thinking about trying out World of Warcraft.

Predictions for most played games of next year:

Final Fantasy XI (definitely)
Suikoden IV (might get me off the PC, even)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (probably clock up 80 or so hours)
Gran Turismo 4 (200 hours plus as usual)
Area 51 (if it turns out to be as good as it currently looks)
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well put it this way, I bought a US PS2 and an official HDD for the game, plus the subscription costs and I have to say it's the best game I've ever played. Going through the challenges it throws at you can be so intense and rewarding, I'll never forget some of the moments I've had so far - and I'm only level 33.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is FFXI worth buying?

I mean, after paying for it month after month... Is it all worth it?
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
FFXI without a doubt, it's my most played game of all time. And this christmas is getting some serious hours added on to it as well, as I set off to beat the summoner's avatars!
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:54
I don't mind it, just that PES is far, far better.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
TIF is disgusting.

I'd rather watch my cat play hide 'n' seek with her tail than play it.
Sun 19/12/04 at 22:58
I thought you preferred TIF?

Maybe that was someone else.
Sun 19/12/04 at 22:57
"High polygon count"
Pro Evo 3, then 4.

GT4 Prologue.

GT3.

Ratchet & Clank 3... many, many hours...

Second Sight.

And if you're including other formats...

Full Spectrum Warrior.

Far Cry.

Call Of Duty.

Chrome.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
Clazon wrote:
> Pro Evo 3,
> then the Champ Man 4,
> then Pro Evo 4.
>
> I think you can see where my loyalties lie.

I see you like your racing games...
Sun 19/12/04 at 16:58
Regular
Project Gotham Racing 2/ Halo 2/ Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow probably. And most of that time was spent playing them on Live, except maybe for PGR2.
Sun 19/12/04 at 14:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Area 51's graphics and detail looks amazing from the 3 minutes of footage I've seen. Haven't researched it much, but it looks like a top game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.