GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Played Game for You this Year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
For me it was probably Final Fantasy X-2, went through it 3 times and now just playing it to collect all garment grids and generally just mucking about in that 100-level dungeon.

The real shocker though is Final Fantasy XI on the PC, something finally managed to drag me away from the PS2. (Although having said that if it had been released on the PS2 in Europe I'd have probably got the PS2 version).

Other games that chewed up chunks of my time were Killzone (finished the storyline on easy, now doing other difficulty levels), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (just dropping in and dabbling with now and again), Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (completed 3 times with 3 characters!), and of course the trusty old stalwarts of yester-year still get a look-in: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, Frequency, Amplitude and the very occasional trip to SOCOM 1.

Overall though, Final Fantasy XI has racked up the most gametime, [/playtime is over 34 days solid] and I can't see that changing much in 2005 as I've only touched on something like 5% of the game, if that. If anything gets released next year to beat it I'd be very surprised but of course delighted too :)

Dunno what I'd do without Square-Enix really, I'd probably be a big Blizzard fan or something and still be playing Diablo II on the PC, the Baldur's Gate series on the PS2 and maybe even thinking about trying out World of Warcraft.

Predictions for most played games of next year:

Final Fantasy XI (definitely)
Suikoden IV (might get me off the PC, even)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (probably clock up 80 or so hours)
Gran Turismo 4 (200 hours plus as usual)
Area 51 (if it turns out to be as good as it currently looks)
Wed 22/12/04 at 00:28
Regular
"Bicycle"
oasismark wrote:
> just got:
>
> 136 squares, 16037 score, get in there!

Heh, good game...

Currently @ : 94 squares, 8152 score.
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Catch it!"
me to Grand Theft Auto San andreas because you have to do so much.
Tue 21/12/04 at 21:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I spent a huge amount of time on WRC 3 but I think San Andreas is probably my most played game of this year.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:41
"High polygon count"
Clazon wrote:
> I thought it was you Wookie, who started a thread about keeping your
> eyes peeled for TIF 04 or 05 as it was gonna be a real belter, you
> having played a demo or something?

Wouldn't have thought so. I hardly post anything here any more, and I've only played one demo of the new TIF, and it's not great.

If I did say anything about it being great, I was probably p!ssed at the time, cos I sure don't remember it!
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:33
Regular
Probably Gunbound it\'s addictive ive been playing since summer every day
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
You sem like my kind of online gaming guy.

Try "Escape!" after you [URL]www.addictingames.com[/URL]
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:46
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Coin wrote:
> Darwock : Worth getting on the PC?

Well it's the same game - graphics are higher res, but you lose widescreen and the easiness of using a controller (plus rumble - great for fishing lol)

Cheap as chips compared to importing a console so yeah it's worth getting for PC.
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Bicycle"
Darwock : Worth getting on the PC?

(Specs not a problem :D... My PC runs pretty much everything - HL2 on nearly full specs with no jutters, same with CS : Source.)
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I thought it was you Wookie, who started a thread about keeping your eyes peeled for TIF 04 or 05 as it was gonna be a real belter, you having played a demo or something?
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:50
"High polygon count"
down wrote:
> I thought you preferred TIF?

I preferred TIF 2003 to PES2... didn't buy PES 3 but played a mates copy on a regular basis, and have bought PES4.

TIF 2003 was nice and fluid; I much preferred the commentary, and the possibility of hand-ball. PES2 I just didn't like... the motion blur on the ball was naff, and I didn't really enjoy the game.

The current TIF is 'orrible, though.

I just hope that Konami listen up now, and concentrate on the presentation and licensing for PES5.

Of course I know it will never happen, but I still harbour dreams of Konami and EA getting together and producing officially The Best Football Game Ever... combining the FIFA licensing, presentation and commentary with the PES game engine.

Now, just hold that thought... and... AAAHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, gotta go... just made a mess in my underwear...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.