GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats up with the gamecube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 16:41
Regular
"kill my enemys"
ppl say the gamecube is crap i disagree completely it is the only console which has got 4 contoller pads in the console and it has some very top class games like metroid prime and the mario series and the zelda games so why do ppl hate it so much pls write about your views about the gamecube aswell thanks!
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh damn, I must have a really crap console by my TV - because you said it is. It doesn't simply destroy the other two consoles in terms of amount of quality games at all!
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:44
Regular
"and PC user"
Lets not forget, lots of people think DVD is only for movies. Let them try fitting GTA-VC or San-Andrea's on CD, or even a 1.5Gb GameCube disc. You can see the problem.

Yea, games like "Pikmin" (or however you spell the bloody thing) look nice and fit on GameCube, but which one sells more....
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:22
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
I think that the cube has a number of flaws that have been exposed by the other two systems.

Lack of DVD:

The biggest selling format ever and GC decided not to use it, there has to be a lot of people put off buying it for that reason alone.

No online capability:

Online gaming is gradually becoming more popular and it is obvious that the high speed serial modem does not cut the mustard.

The Games:

It has been more apparent than ever the Nintendo's old favourites are really starting to show their age. Mario Sunshine spent only 1 week at number 1 in the sales chart, donkey kong and pikmin are not big enough sellers. Trouble is kids want games like GTA and Halo.

Capacity:

Lots of games that do come out on cube are cut down versions with lots of features and fmv missing so the game can fit onto the cube pathetic 1.5gig discs (PSP has 1.8gig).

Not cool anymore:

The cube has a real image problem it has tried to appeal to the old market with games like resi but the design and advertising still shout toy.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My gamecube sits proudly.

Under my xbox.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:53
Regular
The Gamecube was voted the "sexiest console"

But that handle is so gay.

Like, Hedfix gay.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:43
Regular
For a start it looks like a toy, and you really have to point a finger at Nintendo's advertising methods as to why it is'nt appealing to the average gamer, of 24.
But then looking at sales, i dont think it's really appealing to kids either, but then, its not the kids that buy the console, infact its not anyone thats buying the console.
Go into a shop and the gamecube section is extreamely tiny compaired to either of the other consoles, i literally had to hunt it down to get paper mario, after seeing about 200 seemingly crap PS2 back catalog games at knock down proces.
but u r right, the GC has probably the best games i've played in the last 2-3 years at its disposal, its just that no one wants to go anywhere near one for it to deploy them.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:16
Regular
"-_-"
it gives him bad "vibes" duh! :D
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:56
Regular
How can you say you don't like the Xbox when you havne't even gone so far as to count it's controller ports?
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:07
Regular
"kill my enemys"
yes ok i made a mistake
Sun 19/12/04 at 17:04
Regular
killer101 wrote:
> it is the only console which has got 4 contoller pads in the console

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.