GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who hasn't cut themselves?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/12/04 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm busy"
is it just me, or do other people do it too?
Sun 05/12/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I think self harming is one of those things that you dont understand until you've done it yourself. Ive come across very few people that havent done it that say they understand why someone would do it.
Sun 05/12/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't fully understand the reasoning though.

And listing 'good reasons' to self-harm doesn't really resolve it. I can understand how people resort to alcohol or something if they're feeling down but I still don't get self-harming.

It's probably just me but I still don't get it.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
darkcrystal wrote:
> I talk to someone on MSN who cuts herself and had to go to a mental
> institution recently. It was a bit freaky when she said 'I've just
> cut myself and feel better'.

But thats exactly why people do it, it does very briefly make them feel better.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Novocaine wrote:

> I've been told inconsistent, speaking to someone different everytime

Yes, they are very inconsistent, and also very impersonal. A lot of people want the comfort and security of knowing there is someone there for them in the long-term, a helpline is neither comforting nor a security long-term due to the obvious lack of consistency and lack of physical contact which makes people feel less alone.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
chippxero wrote:
> Unfortunatly what you say is probably true of alot of people that do
> it and make it known. They probably get the same sort of reaction
> from their peers as alot of the negative posts in this forum. But
> this is probably because of so many teenagers do it cause they want
> attention

I've spoken to maybe a handful of people about it but i've never found someone who didn't have an adequate reason, i've never heard of anyone doing it simply for attention unless you're thinking about some sort of Munchausen(Correct me if i'm wrong) sydrome.

> and the ones that really need the help don't get it cause
> is it dismissed as just a phase. I relise that alot of them can't
> talk to people about the problems either through fear of it being
> just seen as silly or through the thought that people will think
> badly of them.

And thats why i got so annoyed at this thread, it's just an example of the kind of attitude thats making it harder for them to get help.

> There are alot of helplines that could be the answer for many young
> people as means that it's a stranger and not someone that will judge
> them. I just hope people can find the help that they need.

I've been told inconsistent, speaking to someone different everytime
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:43
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I talk to someone on MSN who cuts herself and had to go to a mental institution recently. It was a bit freaky when she said 'I've just cut myself and feel better'.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Captain to you."
Unfortunatly what you say is probably true of alot of people that do it and make it known. They probably get the same sort of reaction from their peers as alot of the negative posts in this forum. But this is probably because of so many teenagers do it cause they want attention and the ones that really need the help don't get it cause is it dismissed as just a phase. I relise that alot of them can't talk to people about the problems either through fear of it being just seen as silly or through the thought that people will think badly of them.

There are alot of helplines that could be the answer for many young people as means that it's a stranger and not someone that will judge them. I just hope people can find the help that they need.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:22
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I understand what you mean. The problem is though that with some people who self harm, it has come about because they have found shut doors when reaching out for help, so looking for help is proving fruitless. People who cut and make it known are asking for help, all be it not verbally, but many meet hostility rather than getting the help they need.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Captain to you."
Then they need to keep looking because nothing will change unless they try to make it change. I'm not trying to say that everyones problems are going to be solved straight away but nothing gets solved if they keep it to themselves. I hope you understand what i mean.
Sun 05/12/04 at 14:15
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
What if the help they receive isnt enough, or isnt the right kind of help chippxero?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.