GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Night Shift"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 17:53
Regular
Starting working the night shift for Tesco tomorrow, 10pm to 6am in the morning, Thursday to Saturday. Uh oh.

Haven't changed my sleeping habits yet, guess I'll just fall into it somehow. Naturally I won't be around much on SR anymore, not that I am now anyway, but er, yeah.

Anyone had experience doing night shifts? I'm only doing it for the higher wage, determined to make as much money as I can so I can start up a business (want to run a cinema, or a record shop, but I think the cinema is more likely to succeed).. still wondering about animation, but not as a career anymore, just a hobby.

So yeah, moan about your jobs here, might be interesting.
Sat 04/12/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You might be the only male teacher there... you'll need to coach the football team.
Sat 04/12/04 at 18:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy's loving this semi-flattery

;)

Or rather, nonchalantly accepting it.
Sat 04/12/04 at 15:28
Regular
4 - 11 year olds would be a good age to teach.

Secondary education is more difficult seeing as 90% of the kids would be rebellious little miscreants and would rather talk then take an interest in their learning
Sat 04/12/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I thought Goatboy was master of the 'teat' already?

The curse of having to earn a living while wishing to fulfill a dream. Hope the OU thing does work out for you. When do you get to start this? I thought you'd have been on the learning trail already.
Sat 04/12/04 at 14:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And then I wish to corrupt that eager innocence and turn them into hateful misogynists that smoke and swear and have an inflated sense of self-importance.

Yay me!!
Sat 04/12/04 at 14:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Nope, I'd prefer to interact with minds that are still wanting to
> learn and fascinated with the idea of reading and exploring new
> worlds.

*applause*

And a fine teatcher you'll make.
Sat 04/12/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I hadn't thought of that.

Actually I have, but I wouldn't want to try and teach surly teens in the grip of puberty that don't want to learn anything - let alone the beauty in literature.
You've seen how little tolerance I have for the idiots here that take things too seriously, imagine the temptation of being within fist-range of those windowlickers. I wouldn't last a week without being brought up on charges, no matter how deserved.

Nope, I'd prefer to interact with minds that are still wanting to learn and fascinated with the idea of reading and exploring new worlds.
Sat 04/12/04 at 13:42
Regular
I always figured the Goatmeister as a high school English teacher, dispensing lessons about life outside the schoolyard with maniacal glee, as adoring 16 year old girls gaze at his 'peaceful' eyes, smitten with fantasies of strolls through leafy glades, never suspecting that fire that burns deep inside.

"You big old smelly thing."

Seriously though, won't your literary talents be going to waste teaching primary school kids, when you could be shaping yourself a whole generation of people who actually stop and question why the world is the way it is?
Sat 04/12/04 at 13:30
Regular
Working within the Royal Mail sounds cool.

Even if it's just something like Mail Sorting - it doesn't mean you have to interact with the stupidity of the general public (for example - the monotony of talking to idiots as a checkout/till operative)

Goatboy - Why primary education? I always thought you was aiming for secondary, but meh.
Fri 03/12/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Goatboy wrote:
> Until I become a teacher and turn 4-11yr olds into mini-Goatboys.

Oh Jesus. I didn't think of it like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.