GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Night Shift"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 17:53
Regular
Starting working the night shift for Tesco tomorrow, 10pm to 6am in the morning, Thursday to Saturday. Uh oh.

Haven't changed my sleeping habits yet, guess I'll just fall into it somehow. Naturally I won't be around much on SR anymore, not that I am now anyway, but er, yeah.

Anyone had experience doing night shifts? I'm only doing it for the higher wage, determined to make as much money as I can so I can start up a business (want to run a cinema, or a record shop, but I think the cinema is more likely to succeed).. still wondering about animation, but not as a career anymore, just a hobby.

So yeah, moan about your jobs here, might be interesting.
Thu 02/12/04 at 17:53
Regular
Starting working the night shift for Tesco tomorrow, 10pm to 6am in the morning, Thursday to Saturday. Uh oh.

Haven't changed my sleeping habits yet, guess I'll just fall into it somehow. Naturally I won't be around much on SR anymore, not that I am now anyway, but er, yeah.

Anyone had experience doing night shifts? I'm only doing it for the higher wage, determined to make as much money as I can so I can start up a business (want to run a cinema, or a record shop, but I think the cinema is more likely to succeed).. still wondering about animation, but not as a career anymore, just a hobby.

So yeah, moan about your jobs here, might be interesting.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Start small, aim big.

Im trying to get secratarial work through a recruitment firm in Bath. no luck yet though.
Thu 02/12/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I worked for Tesco during the day, and that was hell. I imagine it will be better at night due to dealing with less of the public. You will be bored by the work, lots of shelf stacking and so on, but it'll give you some exercise and the money is better.

I work night shifts, but what I find hard is working two days then two nights, so my body really has no idea what it's up to.
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:08
Regular
"cachoo"
Good Luck with it! A friend of mine works at Tesco on night-shift and he sleeps aalll day. Says it's hard work but he loves it; people are excellent. I bet your body will go through some extreme changes. I'd love to work at night-time. The mind is at the peak of it's perfection!

My job's boring. It's hard to try to make your day interesting when you don't have the tools!
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I kind of did it

I did 5-11am at the weekends for Safeway, if you can cope with the sleeping then it's much better.

No customers, no chit-chat and better wages.
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Any way to reduce contact with the public should be grasped with both hands. It won't be as busy either, so you might get a skive.
Thu 02/12/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The night shift didn't like me
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Don't think I could work nights. I like to work an early shift though instead of 8 - 4, make better time of the afternoon and evening.
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I worked nights once - all in black. As the police sirens whooped and whirled, I just escaped in the nick of time.
Thu 02/12/04 at 22:30
"possibly impossible"
Working till 11pm is bad enough, but at least I have the internet...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.