GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2004 for Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Has anyone else felt a little let down by this years releases. Last year we had huge games such as Zelda, Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX but there has been nothing that has really got me excited this year. I don't even want to commit to the new Metroid game yet because the last one was such a challenge. Nintendo has been totally outdone in the new releases department this year, what with huge releases for the PS2 such as GTA San Andreas and Burnout 3. And lets not forget the XBOX with Halo 2. Nintendo needs to get its act together and release something for people over the age of 7 if it wishes to stay up there with Sony and Microsoft.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:27
Regular
Shops are only going to sell products that are popular and will always give more space to the bigger sellers, they are there to make a profit afterall.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think you'll find that pretty much everyone knows about the Gamecube, they just don't know about the games. To be fair, Nintendo has stepped up it's advertising considerably in the last two years.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> They kinda have more games, and you are a fool if you think consoles
> sell because of the space on the shelf.

> The bad thing about the Gamecube selling badly is that there are less
> third parties willing to support the console if it is not selling.
> And that's the problem.

No its NOT! The problem is Nintendo's complete inability to advertise ANYTHING properly and its sheer arrogance to believe that its name alone will sell its consoles. Those days are gone and it needs a kick up the 'arris if it wants that to change! People dont know about the Cube, they dont EVER hear about it THATS WHY THEY WON'T BUY IT! It the chicken and the egg syndrome third party companies won't support it becuase no-one buys it but no-one buys it becuase they dont even know about it! (and its purple)!
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:22
Regular
"and PC user"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Nintnedo have done great on the games front, but not on the financial
> and publicity front, almost every store I go in had the gamecube in a
> corner on just one shelf next to the GBA shelf weras the other
> consoles have up to 3 shelves each including the PC games.

Well, yes you have a point. Cant expect people to buy the equipment if its away in the corner. Thats an question to ask the owners of the shop.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:11
Regular
They kinda have more games, and you are a fool if you think consoles sell because of the space on the shelf.

Nintendo are doing great on the finacial side, I'll say again add all the system sales together (so DS, GBA (SP) and Gamecube) and Nintendo are outselling the Sony family of the PSP, PS2 and PS1. The Gamecube is doing terribly, yet as Nintendo make money on each system, publish loads of software (for all systems there) and actually sell more overall than sony... it is foolish to say Nintendo are doing badly finacially.

The bad thing about the Gamecube selling badly is that there are less third parties willing to support the console if it is not selling. And that's the problem.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:06
"The Will of D."
Nintnedo have done great on the games front, but not on the financial and publicity front, almost every store I go in had the gamecube in a corner on just one shelf next to the GBA shelf weras the other consoles have up to 3 shelves each including the PC games.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:05
Regular
This year hasn't been terrible, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Harvest Moon, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2.

Not as great as last year, no indeed, with Mario Kart, Zelda and Metroid Prime headlining the year.

Yet next year looks a lot more promising, new Zelda, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe 2, Killer 7, Mario Tennis, Four Swords, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga 2, Baiton Kaitos, Timesplitters 3, Geist, Virtua Quest, Starfox 2, Advance Wars 2 and so forth.
Tue 21/12/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Staffie 2"
T score 04 wrote:
> I agree that 2004 has been a poor year for game releases on the Cube
> however why change a habbit of a lifetime.

Final straw. You're out.

Seeya.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:32
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> What the hell are you on about?
> This has been a fantastic year for GC.

What planet are you on and do you ever go to GAME? Dixons? Comet? Currys? Ask them to tell you how 'fantastic' the GC has been this year!
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
I agree that 2004 has been a poor year for game releases on the Cube however why change a habbit of a lifetime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.