GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2004 for Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Has anyone else felt a little let down by this years releases. Last year we had huge games such as Zelda, Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX but there has been nothing that has really got me excited this year. I don't even want to commit to the new Metroid game yet because the last one was such a challenge. Nintendo has been totally outdone in the new releases department this year, what with huge releases for the PS2 such as GTA San Andreas and Burnout 3. And lets not forget the XBOX with Halo 2. Nintendo needs to get its act together and release something for people over the age of 7 if it wishes to stay up there with Sony and Microsoft.
Wed 22/12/04 at 18:16
Regular
For gods sake stop going on about GTA I'd rather have what I've got than that. It's good but not "da best game eva!"
Try Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Prime 2 if you enjoyed the first cos they are good enough to me to not need GTA.
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:35
Regular
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:

> Am I just 'thingy' to you now? :-D

I cba with your silly spelling.
Wed 22/12/04 at 17:06
Regular
Gamecube's year has actually been rather solid and as expected.

The X-box has had a good year.

There's been no price drop this year and there has been no major release.

The Gameboy has had a fantastic year too.

Nintendo have spent much of their concentration on the DS.

Gamecube should enjoy a better 2005.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:56
Regular
gamecubes year has been pretty shoddy, low sales, extream price drops and a over taking by the xbox.
This year should have been about keeping people interested so that they are still around for resi 4 and zelda, all the people i know who have gc's (except me) have traded them in for an xbox.
A game doe'snt have to have a big open ended game world to be seen as technically brilliant, in my opinion, its actually quite lazy in terms of game design. letting the gamer make all the desicions, i mean i also know people who play GTA just for driving down big hills in the countryside or stealing cars, and not the missions.
If a new game is created with amazing graphics and brilliant gameplay but is played upon a 1 screen sized playing area, it is still a brilliant game.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
What are you all on about. Stick to the subject please.
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:40
Regular
Top Score has a daughter now?

Christ!

I don't even want to think about how retarded tha kids gonna end up. Imagine having a father who spent all his time on internet message boards being a troll and talking about computer games?

So is Macintosh female or are you the one who has the womb?
Wed 22/12/04 at 16:32
Regular
That can't be right.
You see, it's been less than 2 years (probably 18 months) since he last annoyed us about having a Lexus and a "wife"
Surely he'd mention having a toddler at thh same time?

Anyway, you must have a pretty amazing daughter if she can manage to hold a Gamecube controller in her hands.

I know some 10 year olds who struggle to play their PS2's (and the Gamecube controller is slighlty bigger).

Then again, you're a freak of nature, so that would probably explain it.
Did she like San Andreas?
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:55
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
You have a daughter now?
Who the hell allowed you to breed?
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
Top score wrote:
> Yes that is right only seen the game running for a few hours my 2 year
> old daughter accidently broke the disc after getting bored with it.

Pikmin 2 that is.
Wed 22/12/04 at 15:45
Regular
Yes that is right only seen the game running for a few hours my 2 year old daughter accidently broke the disc after getting bored with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.