GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2004 for Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Has anyone else felt a little let down by this years releases. Last year we had huge games such as Zelda, Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX but there has been nothing that has really got me excited this year. I don't even want to commit to the new Metroid game yet because the last one was such a challenge. Nintendo has been totally outdone in the new releases department this year, what with huge releases for the PS2 such as GTA San Andreas and Burnout 3. And lets not forget the XBOX with Halo 2. Nintendo needs to get its act together and release something for people over the age of 7 if it wishes to stay up there with Sony and Microsoft.
Wed 22/12/04 at 00:02
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> GTA-San Andreas - is there anything with such big areas to explore,
> and so much detail on GameCube. Is there anything similar to it on
> GameCube?

Pikmin 2 my friend...

Pikmin 2.
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:08
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Did you stop to notice that this topic is about games released in 2004. Mario Kart Double Dash was released in 2003, so I'm afraid you're wrong there mate. Don't even try and argue that it was released in 2004 because I got it for Christmas last year.
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:00
Regular
"kill my enemys"
nope.as for me gamecube have released cool games like metroid prime 2 echoes and mario kart double dash so nope im afraid your wrong there mate.sorry i can be quiet annoying cant i.
Tue 21/12/04 at 18:40
"The Will of D."
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> True Crime Streets of LA?

I havent played it, so I wouldn't know. I was talking about some RPG games I've played that have massive worlds.

> And like thingy said, GTA SA has totally sacrificed it's visuals in
> order to create such a big game world. It looks like a PS1 game.

Am I just 'thingy' to you now? :-D
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> GameCube?
>
> Detail????? You call those crap graphics detail

So very true. :D
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:26
Regular
True Crime Streets of LA?

And like thingy said, GTA SA has totally sacrificed it's visuals in order to create such a big game world. It looks like a PS1 game.
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:19
"The Will of D."
Macintosh wrote:
> GameCube?

Detail????? You call those crap graphics detail, they are even blockier than the N64. But no there isn't any game on the gamecube that has such a big exploration area as that game does, but I know quite a few other console games that do, also on the PC anyone who knows about Morrowind knows how huge that island is in addition to the added expansion packs.

GTA just isn't going into original detail at all anymore, the only thing that it can bring that's new to the series is weapons and that is bound to happen any new game.
Tue 21/12/04 at 16:10
Regular
"and PC user"
GTA-San Andreas - is there anything with such big areas to explore, and so much detail on GameCube. Is there anything similar to it on GameCube?
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:59
Regular
Yea it's been terrible when we have had Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, The Twin Snakes, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga and Secong Sight this year more than enough we don't need a quantity over quality unlike the PS2 which gets more crap than great stuff.
Tue 21/12/04 at 15:33
Regular
"and PC user"
Hence the reason why in many stores you dont see many (if any) macintosh computers next to the PC's.

On the other hand, there maybe more to it. Maybe certain "shops" have their own idea on whats popular and base their displays on that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.