GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is better a tooth pick or a Stylus?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 16:14
Regular
Just thought this might be an interesting one.

Have a bit of a session with your mates and get to some food stuck inbetween your teeth do you try and find a tooth pick or just use the stylus?

Is there some safety concerns here?
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:48
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> HAVE YOU PLAYED A GAME ON THE DS USING THE TOUCHSCREEN?

No need to shout. The answer is no, but my points still stand.

Have used a PSP?
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:46
Regular
Do you really think a stylus is gonna make the difference when the two systems are running at the same time, the Sony will have the edge beautiful big colourful screen and graphics to match not gimmics.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
gerrid wrote:
> HAVE YOU PLAYED A GAME ON THE DS USING THE TOUCHSCREEN?

What's that? NO? HOW SHOCKING! Then how do you know it's no good.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:27
Regular
Dringo: Has some very good points however when you have sampled the future why would you want the past.

Such is the gulf in graphics, screen, functionality and sound that it would be stupid to suggest that PSP cannot become a hit.

Now Nintendo might have the edge, but how long do you really reckon that is gonna last. Trust me on this there are so many PS1 and PS2 consoles out their you cannot say that none of these millions of consumers are not going to want to carry on play their favourite games portabley.

Then there is the developer support, software companies are not stupid they would not produce games for any console they could not make money on.
250 games in development and counting can't be wrong.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
HAVE YOU PLAYED A GAME ON THE DS USING THE TOUCHSCREEN?
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:19
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> No, have you used the DS? have you played any DS games with a stylus
> or with the touchscreen?

Are you suggesting that Nintendo can produce a superior Stylus/touch screen on a machine that costs around $150. PDA's can often cost much more than that, and have much better screens, and touch screen/stylus technology. Although like I said, a keyboard & mouse is better, but on a PDA, you dont have room for such things - unless you make the QWERTY keys very small, in which case they are too small to use.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No, have you used the DS? have you played any DS games with a stylus or with the touchscreen?
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:11
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> Have you played a DS? No? Then how do you know that a stylus is no
> good? Explain me that one.

I have used a stylus on a PDA before. Like I said, the people in large computer firms have, for years, been messing around with new input systems like the Stylus, but they always return to keys, and a mouse.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Have you played a DS? No? Then how do you know that a stylus is no good? Explain me that one.
Thu 06/01/05 at 14:03
Regular
"and PC user"
Sony have sold about 510,000 units, and it took only 2-3 weeks. They have sold every one - so I dont see how anyone can say that nobody wants one.

Experts in the cumputer world have been trying for year to make things like the Stylus an alternative to buttons, mouse, keyboard. Guess what they found out....Stylus input is not as good. Just have a look around you, how many computers are hooked up with a stylus for everyday tasks?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.