GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hahaha mutu contract terminated!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/10/04 at 11:20
Regular
I have to admit this is a good move from the chelsea. I still rate him as a player, but as money isn't really a real issue this was a great move. He would only have caused unrest, probably never have played for us again and we probably would only have generated about 5 or 6 mill from his sale with the huge negative press around him and the ban.

However we would have built more negative publicity than the transfer fee was worth so it was pretty sharp thinking. also it means i can get excited about his replacement.

Ronaldo please.
Fri 29/10/04 at 11:20
Regular
I have to admit this is a good move from the chelsea. I still rate him as a player, but as money isn't really a real issue this was a great move. He would only have caused unrest, probably never have played for us again and we probably would only have generated about 5 or 6 mill from his sale with the huge negative press around him and the ban.

However we would have built more negative publicity than the transfer fee was worth so it was pretty sharp thinking. also it means i can get excited about his replacement.

Ronaldo please.
Fri 29/10/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, Ronaldo....! ;D

I'm also pleased to see Chelsea take a stand and show that, unlike many other clubs in this situation, they are not afraid to do the right thing - no matter what finacial (or other) consequences such a descision could bring.

...Then again, I guess very few clubs, nowadays, have the financial backing of a Roman Abramovich to be able to accept £15.8m (plus wages and such) as money-poorly-spent, and just forget about it.

He can still look at his bank account and smile, very heavily.
...B****rd! :P

Something Tony Gale [I think it was him?] pointed out on SkySports' New earlier - for the club to do something like this, who's to say this wasn't the first and only time Mutu had taken illegal substances!

Whatever happens now, I don't expect to see him around for another eighteen-months, at least. His career could well and truly be finished. There's no denying he's a super talent, but how many top clubs would still want him after this?

(The Romanians will probably keep their population with day-to-day coverage of his events in suspension - kinda like The Truman Show, perhaps?)
Fri 29/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Was always going to happen.

Has he actually been banned?

Im going to write to Hillsbrough and get Wednesday to take him till January if he can still play....
Fri 29/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Good, hope he doesn't play again.
Fri 29/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
most of the italian clubs will take him. Drug abuse isn't as much of an issue with the press over there, and his rep won't be hugely damaged in italy.
Fri 29/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
He hasnt been banned yet so i guess he can still play? Like Rio did for ages until his hearing.

Although probably different if your caught for actually taking drugs..
Sat 30/10/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
damn Chelsea now i can't make sure justice is served and see how the FA deal with him.

Drat :-D
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:30
Regular
"The Red Shift"
LOL.

Especially "drat".
:)

Mutu doesn't need a playing contract, he has an external income anyway :D
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:35
Regular
I don't know why there's a "hahaha" in the title to be honest.
It's always a real shame to see a young talented player with one hell of a future in the beautiful game ahead of him having everything taken away from him.

So really, you confuse me. No football fan should find it funny when a talent which has the ability to amaze us in the game is no longer able to provide us with such a pleasure.
Sat 30/10/04 at 22:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I agree he had a great talent...

... to miss from 6 yards out.
:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.