GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AoE III"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 3'.
Sun 02/01/05 at 10:15
Regular
"\\"
OMGOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGMO!!!"!

[URL]http://brenthuisman.spymac.net/aoe3.zip[/URL]

Scans from PC Gamer (Februrary) on AoE III.

Yay!

Looks very nice. Hopefully it'll be better than AoM too.
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Selected"
mini castle blood is better. You don't have a million archers/infantry strolling into your base every 5 seconds with mini.

So does it say when AoE III is out? Can I play it on a 56k modem? :/
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:34
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lipe wrote:
I too spent many hours...sometimes
> even a whole day playing that game.

I spent over a day playing that game in one spell, because my friend came around for a few days. So me and him set up scenarios for each other to complete. They took on average an hour or 2 to make and double that to finish.
:D
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:42
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Bloody *insert every single profanity you know here*.

I have 56k. It's a cruel, CRUEL world I tell you!

I'd love to play some of you. I have the most amazing tactics and am pretty versatile with practically any people.

Anyone remember the little leaflet packet that came with the game telling you weaknesses and stuff? That was amazing. I could defeat anyone with it.

My worst enemy when AoE III comes out will be lag.

Teutonic Knights don't own. Longbowmen or whatever they upgrade to were the best. RANGE, baby. Range.
:)
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I always used to the Teutons or the Vikings. Teutons because those Teutonic Knights are absolute bandits to take down when in large numbers, and the Vikings because they had 2 special units - beserks and those damn longships (ahar).

Sometimes went the Byzantines, but their rubbish cataphracts get annoying after a while with their weakness.

Also, much weepage ensues due to remembering all of the special units.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:21
Regular
"\\"
Paladins are far superior to Cataphracts anyway. It's a right crappy special unit.

I usually go for Britons personally. Having a small army of Elite Longbowmen with all archer upgrades is brilliant.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Might avoid going the Teutons if I ever play you lot online and people are the Britons. That's their one weakness: speed. And 30/40 arrows fired into a group of slow-movers isn't good.

Remember the 'how do you turn this on' cheat? Ahar, excellent.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:25
Regular
"\\"
*rrrrm rrrrrm*

*duhdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdhdh*

I loved that car :D
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Is your MSN still the one on SO?
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:31
Regular
"\\"
Aye.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:34
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Emitime wrote:

> I usually go for Britons personally. Having a small army of Elite
> Longbowmen with all archer upgrades is brilliant.

*weeps*

I know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.