GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAD - Online Console Wars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/10/04 at 23:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is quite a serious Extra Gameaday Competition

The challenge is to write an interesting piece about online gaming as:
XBOX Live Experience - Pro's and Cons
or
PS2 Networking Experience - Pro's and Cons
or
PS2 Networking vs XBOX Live - Comparison

The winner will be the best entry (in the opinion of the judges) submitted before midnight on Sunday November 14th.

Your entry will be judged on the basis of concise, readable, well written information. i.e. it must be written like a review. Try to include your experiences from initial interest and sign up through to full use.

All entries, whether they are the winner or not, may be used elsewhere on our site. The best entries will probably appear on a subsection of the UKconsoles site.

DO NOT COPY ANY WORK. These must be original.

I recommend that you save your work into a word processing document before entering it in case you want to work on it later.

Good Luck Chaps and Chapesses
Page:
Tue 16/11/04 at 00:45
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Evidently, seeing as the PS2's whopping 275mhz pus Nintendo's and XBOX's 405mhz and 733mhz, respectively, to shame. Just look at the graphics, too. Police Chase Down and GTA look miles better than Metroid and Ninja Gaiden.

You're a legend, why isn't your name in Green?!
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:07
Regular
the ps2 is better than anything it has great graphics and loads of games
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
Cheers for the win guys. Much appreciated.

And I'm sorry for the PS2 Broadband information. I thought it only worked with BT.

Anyway, thanks muchly :)
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It's so they can automatically debit your card for the next year.

Doesn't bother me. Not because it's my old man's card, but because there is obviously a law somewhere that protects us, right.

It makes sense, anyway. Especially seeing as you have to pay for some extra content, etc. Hope HALO 2 get's some maps. Anyone unlocked 'Foundation' yet?
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:36
Regular
I don't care what the TV tells me, old people are not funny.
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
One of the most infuriating aspects of the Xbox is the need for a credit card.

You would think that after buying the Xbox Live Pack, which includes a full year's subscription, that they would not insist on you entering credit card details online.

I can tell you, it goes against the grain to enter credit card details into a console, and it also does not sit too well with me to give them to Microsoft.

I phoned up Microsoft and told them that I did not want to give my card details online and they said "tough". So I asked them if I could have my money back and they said "not if you have revealed the secret user code". Of course you have to enter this before you are told anything about needing to enter credit card details. So I told them I had looked all over everything and they said "there is some very small print about it on the front of the box - so, tough - hee hee gloat".
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah. Well Done, buddy.

As long as it sounds good, you can write/speak as much balls as you want. Look at the last Presidential Election campaigns.

A most deserving win.
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:21
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Crumble

Clearly Xbox Live and PS2 Networking will work with Freeola Broadband, which is provided across the BT network. But what makes you think it will not work on non BT providers such as the cable networks?

Congratulations on the your winning entry, which I am just about to read if my phone stops ringing for long enough *_*

Look out for a condensed version in the next mag.
Mon 15/11/04 at 14:40
Regular
He won with incorrect facts.

Oh.My.God......

Well, at least he wrote something unlike moi :P
Mon 15/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Crumble wrote:
Before you can do anything you must have access to BT
> Broadband. PS2 Network Play will not work with Dial-up connection or
> any other Broadband supplier; only BT.

Eh? PS2 Online will work with any broadband provider, not just BT.

Congrats on the win though.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.