GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAD - Online Console Wars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/10/04 at 23:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is quite a serious Extra Gameaday Competition

The challenge is to write an interesting piece about online gaming as:
XBOX Live Experience - Pro's and Cons
or
PS2 Networking Experience - Pro's and Cons
or
PS2 Networking vs XBOX Live - Comparison

The winner will be the best entry (in the opinion of the judges) submitted before midnight on Sunday November 14th.

Your entry will be judged on the basis of concise, readable, well written information. i.e. it must be written like a review. Try to include your experiences from initial interest and sign up through to full use.

All entries, whether they are the winner or not, may be used elsewhere on our site. The best entries will probably appear on a subsection of the UKconsoles site.

DO NOT COPY ANY WORK. These must be original.

I recommend that you save your work into a word processing document before entering it in case you want to work on it later.

Good Luck Chaps and Chapesses
Page:
Thu 04/11/04 at 20:15
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Not really.

Still seems pretty fugly to me.
Thu 04/11/04 at 20:12
Regular
Aww...he's so cute when he's miserable ain't he.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:27
Regular
I remember a time when the EGADS thought up were actually remotely good.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
"serenity now!"
Stickied now like it should have been some time ago.
Thu 04/11/04 at 00:10
Regular
Maybe that will be the next EGAD - but I'm sure as far as SR are concerned they'll want an EGAD that'll help generate sales. That's what pays for the extra free game.
Thu 04/11/04 at 00:08
Regular
""
Edgy wrote:
> Sure, not everyone has broadband, but not everyone has a gif image
> creater with the ability to make decent banners either.
>
> Atleast it is an extra and not the main competition.

I'm not saying we don't have it... I'm saying that we legally can't get it. The government won't install it in Powys (yet) because the population is too sparce.

Also I only got flash and swish two weeks ago.... so there.

Why not do a short story competiton, sure not everyone has great creative writing ability

*Points at self*

But seeming they are seeing this, and therefore have a computer, with a keyboard and probably a word processor.... they can still take part.
Thu 04/11/04 at 00:02
Regular
In this case, the competition is to benefit SR - hence the reason Tony asked for it to be taken seriously.

I'm assuming it is to try and boost sales of Xbox Live and PS2 Network stuff, OR to boost sales of Freeola Broadband.

Sure, not everyone has broadband, but not everyone has a gif image creater with the ability to make decent banners either.

Atleast it is an extra and not the main competition.
Wed 03/11/04 at 23:40
Regular
""
Um.... Isn't this competition a bit unfair to people in say Powys... seeming most of us (certainly around the Presteigne - Knighton area) can't actually get Broadband.. and therefore no internet gaming on consoles.
Wed 03/11/04 at 23:37
Regular
""
Edgy wrote:
> Shame they got rid of banners...I quite enjoyed doing them and almost
> anyone could enter.

AH.... the banners are gone!
Wed 03/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
Aye, apostrophies in Word were coming out like that when copied and pasted (using Times New Roman default font)

I'm not sure what's happened to that.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.