GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"do you think gamecube is the best console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"adam is the only ga"
Personally im a fan of ps2 and gamecube but which has the better games and which has the best value. i mean i think cube has better £20 games than ps2 but ps2 has san ansreas, smackdown vs raw and mutitap for additional players. so which is the better console???????
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:58
Regular
"and PC user"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I think, just perhaps, Macintosh, maybe, possibly, he wasn't talking
> about the visuals. Just a thought.

Indeed. Although in a game like The Getaway, graphics are important, things like how stuff works - but which I mean how the "people" in the game respond to events, how you interact with the enviroment, what you hear on the soundtrack, and so on. One example of what I mean, is the fact there is no "arcade racer mode" in the game - you have to drive properly.
Fri 07/01/05 at 21:44
Regular
"-_-"
the getaway was quite realistic...it was also quite lame....and boring...dull...meaningless...
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't care about realistic visuals. It was quite obvious that we weren't talking about the graphics. Is that all you think about macintosh? Graphics and storage cpacity?
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:26
"period drama"
I think, just perhaps, Macintosh, maybe, possibly, he wasn't talking about the visuals. Just a thought.
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:25
Regular
I own all three and manage to find enjoyment on all of them - even the PS2, which often gets criticised and its better games are unfortunately overlooked. I haven't had much time to play games in the past year, simply because I'm just not as interested in them as I once was. But for the purposes of discussion...

As a console in itself, the GameCube has proved by far the most versatile for me - my Xbox and PS2 both playing up while the Cube has crashed about twice (and I've had it since its launch). Thinking about games, it also provides a sufficiently varied and imaginative selection which I believe is superior to that of the Xbox and PS2. Titles like Metroid Prime, The Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball and others take steps forward into new areas, trying to push the industry forward with new ways to play.

So yes, up to this point, the GameCube is the strongest of the three.
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:06
Regular
"and PC user"
Tphi wrote:
> Macintosh wrote:
> Just look at the progress in recent years. Look at the Getaway....you
>
> die you get run over by a passing car in that. I can only see them
> pushing this even further in the future.
>
> You die when you get run over by a passing car?
>
> Holy macaroni that *IS* progress.
>
> And a revolutionary idea.
>
>
>
>
> *Goes to play 1982 version of Frogger*

Yea right, and frogger looks just like The Getaway!
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:40
Regular
You get run over by passing cars?

Surely that is terrible programming?
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Macintosh wrote:
> Just look at the progress in recent years. Look at the Getaway....you
> die you get run over by a passing car in that. I can only see them
> pushing this even further in the future.

You die when you get run over by a passing car?

Holy macaroni that *IS* progress.

And a revolutionary idea.

*Goes to play 1982 version of Frogger*
Fri 07/01/05 at 14:13
Regular
Yeah, because the Getaway was such a good game....
Fri 07/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"and PC user"
I can see many of you will not be enoying games in the future then. It's that real life look that most manufacturers are going for. Just look at the progress in recent years. Look at the Getaway....you die you get run over by a passing car in that. I can only see them pushing this even further in the future. I am not saying The Getaway is the best game ever, all I am saying look at it, see what they are trying to do, and thats an indication of the future right there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.