GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"do you think gamecube is the best console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 14:12
Regular
"adam is the only ga"
Personally im a fan of ps2 and gamecube but which has the better games and which has the best value. i mean i think cube has better £20 games than ps2 but ps2 has san ansreas, smackdown vs raw and mutitap for additional players. so which is the better console???????
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I wouldn't say Nintendo exclusively. Their mantra appears to be more accessible, fun games that everyone can enjoy, rather than "let's get amazing graphics and games which simulate real life"
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:26
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gerrid wrote:
> I'm also glad that we agree that Sony and Microsoft may be pushing
> games in the wrong direction.

Would you agree that Nintendo are pushing in the right direction then ?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'm also glad that we agree that Sony and Microsoft may be pushing games in the wrong direction.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Right. So the uber realistic style of games is bad. Glad we could agree on that.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:23
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> So surely you're saying there, that games like Gran Turismo will
> ultimately lead to boring simulations of real life that you wouldn't
> actually want to play and which would, in the end, be pointless,
> whereas fantasy games such as those Nintendo produce which are fun to
> play would become defunct.
>
> And that's a good thing... BECAUSE?

I never said you had to like the idea - indeed I dont want games that are identical to real life with all the cr@p bits of life in it. But people who make games and Sony and others appear to want to push in that direction.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So surely you're saying there, that games like Gran Turismo will ultimately lead to boring simulations of real life that you wouldn't actually want to play and which would, in the end, be pointless, whereas fantasy games such as those Nintendo produce which are fun to play would become defunct.

And that's a good thing... BECAUSE?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:09
Regular
"-_-"
what the hell are you on about? is that an argument a dream or a statement!?!?
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:08
Regular
"and PC user"
gerrid wrote:
> I remember the greatest criticism of the excellent PC game Mafia was
> that the 1930s cars handled SO realistically that the driving
> actually wasn't fun. See how simulating real life ISN'T FUN.

Its all about escapeism. So I guess you can take you pick of what you want. Plenty of people like the SIMS - not a fast paced pace game to say the least. Civ, Sim City, and others follow. But my point is that maybe, in the future there wont be such a choice. They are trying to capture real life as close as possible. If lots of games were to go down that route, what alternatives would there be.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ahahaha.

You complete and utter idiot, Macintosh.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I remember the greatest criticism of the excellent PC game Mafia was that the 1930s cars handled SO realistically that the driving actually wasn't fun. See how simulating real life ISN'T FUN.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.