GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fat People"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 15:38
Regular
"0228"
I was watching this programme on ITV a few minutes ago and there were two families on it who were competing to lose the most weight. The winning family won a holiday to America in a 4-star hotel and they got some spending money with it.
To enter for the show though, you've obviously got to be pretty fat so those of us that are currently a reasonable weight don't stand a chance. The way I see it, people are being rewarded for piling on the pounds by being lazy and stuffing their faces then just losing a bit before they more than likely get fat again.
One of the contestants on the winning team started out at 27 stone and was only 13 years old. At the final weigh-in he was still just over 23 stone so does someone like that really deserve such a prize.
I'll admit I'm not the the most active person in the world but I do work hard to make sure I don't become overweight. I suppose I shouldn't be jealous though because I knowing that this holiday is the best thing that'll ever happen to him because at the rate he's going I imagine he'll die when he's 40 from some sort of fat person's disease.
How do people become so amazingly fat?
Wed 27/10/04 at 08:46
"Guinness me"
My numbers 67.9. Im fat I dont moan about it and the reson that Im fat is because of genetics and that I give in to hunger alot. I cant loose it because I tried going to the gym more but that just gave me muscal as well as fat. I dont want to diet because I dont think its right to deny myself great food.

So now Im living fat and happy.

I just like to add that we arent all bad guys.
Tue 26/10/04 at 08:59
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> The secret to being fat is eating a high-glycemic (sp?) diet,
> consisting of foods such as cooked carrots, cooked potatoes
>
> That can't be correct (unless my oddness extends to my eating habits)
> as I eat a lot of cooked carrots and potatoes now and I'm losing
> weight.
>
> And my BMI came back as 25.37, little dumpling that I am.

More than likely it's the combination of foods that you eat. No matter how much high glycemic food you eat, if you're burning more calories than you take in, thne you *will* lose weight. Perhaps if you mix the high-G foods with fatty ones that's the problem.

Carrots and potatoes (more so the carrots) have an extremely low calorie density... there's no way you can get fat on them alone.
Mon 25/10/04 at 15:54
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> If i eat 6 pounds of steak, 5 kilos of potatos, 10 chocolate cakes, 3
> full english breakfasts, etc etc
>
> I'm going to get fat no matter what.

What if you sit on teh toilet for an hour the enxt day letting it all pour out?
Mon 25/10/04 at 14:30
Regular
"0228"
The programme is on again now. It's called Fat Chance. The families aren't as fat as last week though.
Mon 25/10/04 at 14:01
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
But alas, no;

[URL]http://www.runningplanet.com/articles/article_detail.asp?article_id=430[/URL]
Mon 25/10/04 at 13:54
Regular
lol
Mon 25/10/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Forest Fan wrote:
> consisting of foods such as cooked carrots, cooked potatoes and worst
> of all, the daddy; beer.

[URL]http://www.foodandhealth.com/cpecourses/giobesity.php[/URL]
Mon 25/10/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Forest Fan wrote:
> consisting of foods such as cooked carrots, cooked potatoes

That can't be correct (unless my oddness extends to my eating habits) as I eat a lot of cooked carrots and potatoes now and I'm losing weight.

And my BMI came back as 25.37, little dumpling that I am.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:55
Regular
But how do you know that for sure?
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:54
Regular
Not everyone knows that high glycemic food is the worst for you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.