GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"oops I mean girl, girl girl girl"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 21:28
Regular
A lot of artists these days seem to surprise me actually, and I'm always reluctant to buy people's albums because they can flip from fantastic to crap in one song. It's becoming an increasing problem, a lot of my favourite groups seem to release crap albums and after purchasing loads of them I'm now like super-reluctant to buy any album unless I've asked everyone I know and looked on every internet site for an opinion.

An example of this is Eminem. Lose Yourself and Cleaning out my Closet sucked, he released that Superman song and he rules again, then he appeared with D12 on My Band and became the artist I loathed probably the most.

His new song however, rules..

Kinda pointless topic this is come to think of it, I didn't really leave much to debate.. ah well new Eminem rules, any other new songs by inconsistent artists you can recommend that rock the casbah?
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:28
Regular
A lot of artists these days seem to surprise me actually, and I'm always reluctant to buy people's albums because they can flip from fantastic to crap in one song. It's becoming an increasing problem, a lot of my favourite groups seem to release crap albums and after purchasing loads of them I'm now like super-reluctant to buy any album unless I've asked everyone I know and looked on every internet site for an opinion.

An example of this is Eminem. Lose Yourself and Cleaning out my Closet sucked, he released that Superman song and he rules again, then he appeared with D12 on My Band and became the artist I loathed probably the most.

His new song however, rules..

Kinda pointless topic this is come to think of it, I didn't really leave much to debate.. ah well new Eminem rules, any other new songs by inconsistent artists you can recommend that rock the casbah?
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I watched the video last night, it seemed like a spoof of "Without Me" and "Lose Yourself", hell, when I heard it at first, I thought it was "Without Me".

It's good, but no better than "The Real Slim Shady".
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:02
Regular
Eminem's actually one of the most consistant artists out there if you ask me. I wasn't a fan of 'My Band' really, it got kinda old after a couple of listens but then it was never really ment to be a keeper, they jokingly wrote it messing around and somehow it was really popular.

Not quite sure what problems you had with Cleaning out My Closet and Lose Yourself. IMO they're 2 of the strongest tracks he's released, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Anyway, Just lose it's one of the commercial releases he always has to launch a new album. It's good, definetly better than My Band but along with My name is, Real Slim Shady and Without me I doubt it'll stand the test of time like I expect the rest of his album too. The video's damn hilarious, if he gets away with the Michael Jackson bits untouched I'll be suprised.

Encore's the first album for a long time that I'm really looking forward too. Apparently much like the Eminem Show it's gonna be a more serious side of his personality.
Wed 20/10/04 at 23:08
"period drama"
I think it's a terrible song, but there you go.
Wed 20/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Bicycle"
I think he's a terrible artist.

Period.
Thu 21/10/04 at 00:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
I was talking about this with a friend the other night;

There are 2 Eminems;

Joke-y Eminem - writes/releases songs like Without me, My Band and Just Lose it. Tracks that you'll enjpy for the first couple of listens, then they'll wear off and realise how crappy they are.

Serious Eminem - writes/releases songs like Cleaning out my Closet, Lose Yourself and Stan. Tracks that you'll listen to over and over again because they mean something.

Personally, I rather Serious Eminem.
Thu 21/10/04 at 06:37
Regular
HHAT wrote:
> Personally, I rather Serious Eminem.
Thu 21/10/04 at 11:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I like Lose Yourself.
Thu 21/10/04 at 12:20
Regular
He tends to release the jokey tracks first to get people intrested in his new albums. Well except for Slim Shady LP which was mainly humourous stuff throughout.

I agree though, I prefer his serious stuff.

The way I am, Loose Yourself, Superman, Sing for the moment etc etc
Fri 22/10/04 at 09:45
Regular
"Bow to me!"
most the jokey ones are with D12 but they do alright in general anyway. i prefer serious em too and his first and second albums are best for that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.